Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

26y Old Solo Skiier - France for 1month from 14th Jan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey All,

I'm currently set on venturing out to France for a month of skiing, but not quite decided on the format. I did a few UCPAs (Les Arcs, Les Deux Alpes) last season so I'm considering staying in other UCPAs during the period but am also open to either renting a room out in a single resort for a month (If I can find accommodation, which currently has proven difficult), or finding a group that has space in a chalet/hostel (Even if for a week).

Resorts I'm particularly interested in skiing are Val d'isere, Val Thorens, Chamonix, Tignes, also open to other suggestions. I want to be able to ski hard but would also like to meet people who are up for some good Apres and the odd night out.

I am confident on all pisted runs and began to venture 'Proper' off piste last year, with some success (No broken bones!)

If anyone would like to meet up during Jan/Feb, is planning on a UCPA trip, has spare room in a chalet, or has any advice on the best way to spend the month I would be very interested to hear from you!

Thanks

Craig
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Craigj90, Hi Craig, I am looking to plan a solo ski trip for late jan/feb time. I'm also a confident skier, would be great to know where you're planning to go and would be open to meeting up!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey Rav thanks for the reply. Have you got a plan in mind (Dates/Resort/type of accommodation) or are you fairly flexible like me? I'm edging (excuse the pun) towards the UCPA's at the moment due to value, social side and lack of accommodation for solo skiiers! But if we could get a group together on here it may be worth considering an apartment..
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ravgill100,
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi @Craigj90,

We've got some single rooms in one of our chalets, and often do no-single-supplement deals in others.

If you think a catered chalet option might work why not drop me an email via the website below and I'll do you a quote for the 4 weeks. . .

Happy planning!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hey!
I'm looking to do exactly the same!!
But yea accommodation is difficult for a month at a time.

I went to tignes and val thorens ucpa in 2015. Loved it! Would be expensive to stay there for a month tho Sad

Keep updated with anything you find.

Claire Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Craigj90, Im fairly flexible not really fixated on a resort or type of accommodation. In terms of dates not really got anything fixed but was thinking around the late Jan / early feb time. I have been looking hotels and chalets mainly as long as its a reasonable price
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi @Craigj90,

Just stumbled upon snowheads and your post whilst looking for some advice about solo trips. I'll be heading to Tignes for a week next Saturday (21st) and thought I'd drop you a message in case you were in the area.
As you mentioned in your original post, it would be good to meet up with some like-minded people for some skiing and a bit of apres.

Cheers,
Tom
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy