Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scam site - Premier Chalet Holidays

Poster: A snowHead
@ansta1, let's hope so, it's a long time !!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Did anyone ever contact the website hosts to get the site taken down?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's still up, you can drop Andrew a line,

26 Colebrook Road
Brighton
East Sussex
BN1 5JH

If you felt the need.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's still up, you can drop Andrew a line,

26 Colebrook Road
Brighton
East Sussex
BN1 5JH

If you felt the need.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
under a new name wrote:
Andrew, one of the named directors pops up a chat message quite quickly and I asked about the Chamonix/Zermatt thing...

Also Andrew is 60 so wearing well.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@blahblahblah, that's the apparent owner not the company hosting the website.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Hells Bells, ahhh, I see. Well they have not responded to an email I sent them.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@blahblahblah, who, the hosting company or the 'owner'? If it is the 'owner' the email address is either fake or going to the scammer.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
More info if anyone is interested.

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/08532089/HOLIDAYS-IN-FRANCE-LIMITED/financials#key-financials

https://companycheck.co.uk/director/905287814/ANDREW-DEREK-OWEN/companies

His companies have a combined current net worth of £4.6m

I'd say its probably not a scam but possibly a very lazy approach to website build where placeholder pics have been used of just about anywhere to make it look pretty.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It is a little strange that the OP has not got back to add to their one historic post.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
flangesax wrote:
It is a little strange that the OP has not got back to add to their one historic post.

Or a cunning bit of marketing?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There is a similar site up at the moment called Shopchaletsdotcom which a couple of owners local to us are in the process of dealing with. There was a similar site shut down last season. Registered in China or Russia I think but can't quite remember. All the chalet photos scraped from existing sites and swapped with wording from different sites. The Companies House info on that site was nothing to do with the website just an approriate company name and number which adds legitimacy to the site. As others have said, the prices are the give away, way way too low for the standard of accomm.

As an aside the Shopchalets site is set up so that you can't right click to copy and image search on their images. You have to file>view source and then find the direct link to the image to get access to do a reverse image search. Very sneaky.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@chaletcompanyconfidential, must admit it is very unusual to put a pdf of an incorporation certificate on a site (go to bottom of page) - http://premierchaletholidays.co.uk/realestate/our-story/ - that alone makes me suspicious.

The domain registration also looks suspicious and privacy used by the looks of it:

Quote:
Domain name:
premierchaletholidays.co.uk

Registrant:
Holidays Premier

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
180 Church Road
Hove
BN3 2DJ
United Kingdom

Data validation:
Nominet was not able to match the registrant's name and/or address against a 3rd party source on 23-Oct-2016

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 23-Oct-2016
Expiry date: 23-Oct-2017
Last updated: 23-Oct-2016
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
letsgetpiste wrote:
flangesax wrote:

Or a cunning bit of marketing?

Neither, just too bust trawling t'internet for another chalet (also, didn't get any alerts so thought no one had bothered responding, sob, sob!)

This is categorically a scam, just hope @Norrin Radd wasn't serious about booking with them (you never can tell with some people wink )

Good news is that the site has gone but, of course, that doesn't means they haven't just changing the domain name.

Also, just to make it clear, poor Andrew at Holidays In France ltd is a victim too; i spoke to him at length and he was appalled at the cheek of it - the scammer had just lifted his info, company reg etc and used it on this site without his knowledge, and with it, tarnished his company name.

I have found another chalet now and done all the checks i can think of, short of getting an invoice written in blood, to make sure it's legit but there's still about 1% of me that is still worried - means i can't totally relax and look forward to the trip but it is 3 months away so hopefully that'll come snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@gaylec,
Man that was close! happy you avoided a pure disaster and are booked and looking forward to trip
ski holidays
pay by credit card to ensure you can get your money back if indeed it proves to be a fake
ski holidays
thats all good and well, yet you will no doubt incur fees for the privilege Sad guess it comes down to how risk diverse you are and exercising due diligence, call them up & email together with sites such as trip advisor to see if they look genuine.

Ultimately due to current technology we are all at risk of getting scammed, if it doesn't feel right it probably isn't.
ski holidays
@gaylec, I did report this to the hosts, and they did contact me to say they were acting on it.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy