Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

creche situation in Samoens, Brexit paranoia?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
That is the first time I am trying to book Creche in advance (3 days only). In the past 2ys (peak times-Easter holidays, March) i did just come to creche and place was always there (no adv booking).
This time we are skiing in Feb which is also peak time, so i decided to inquire, you know, just in case. How was I surprised and shocked and by the response i got, they are trying to ruin my holidays!!!:
"Je suis désolée, mais nous n'accueillons plus d'enfants vacanciers depuis la fin de la saison d'été en raison d'un nombre trop important de demande d'accueil pour les enfants du pays. La Commune de SAMOENS, en relation avec d'autres partenaires, est entrain de chercher une solution pour pallier à ce manque d'accueil touristique."

The first thing which come to my mind was Brexit! Then again French have their holidays that time as well? Sudden influx of babies in Samoens commune?-possible.
However, they are still prioritizing on the basis of nationality!!!! Am I am being paranoid ?
Does anyone know of any alternatives? private creche i don't know about? 3 days it is not a big deal as we will share ski pass, but we all are trying to get the best out of our holidays!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kedsky wrote:
Hi
That is the first time I am trying to book Creche in advance (3 days only). In the past 2ys (peak times-Easter holidays, March) i did just come to creche and place was always there (no adv booking).
This time we are skiing in Feb which is also peak time, so i decided to inquire, you know, just in case. How was I surprised and shocked and by the response i got, they are trying to ruin my holidays!!!:
"Je suis désolée, mais nous n'accueillons plus d'enfants vacanciers depuis la fin de la saison d'été en raison d'un nombre trop important de demande d'accueil pour les enfants du pays. La Commune de SAMOENS, en relation avec d'autres partenaires, est entrain de chercher une solution pour pallier à ce manque d'accueil touristique."

The first thing which come to my mind was Brexit! Then again French have their holidays that time as well? Sudden influx of babies in Samoens commune?-possible.
However, they are still prioritizing on the basis of nationality!!!! Am I am being paranoid ?
Does anyone know of any alternatives? private creche i don't know about? 3 days it is not a big deal as we will share ski pass, but we all are trying to get the best out of our holidays!

Are you mistranslating "les enfants du pays" as children of the country rather than children of the region (http://www.wordreference.com/fren/pays) ? This is similiar to Flaine, where there is a state run creche with a priority for residents of the commune and spare capacity available to holiday makers.

If you are planning on swapping a non-transferable pass in the grand massif be aware that they do test for that using imagery - I have been checked before against prior images of the pass user.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@kedsky, I think you may have misinterpreted the translation of 'pays'. In the this context, I think it means 'the countryside' or 'the local area' not 'French'! If you read, they say they are not taking any holidaymakers' children at all, and lots of holidaymakers in Samoens are French.

Sorry, I'm no use on alternatives in Samoens.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi
Thanks for all responses, I am still learning French.You are right i did misinterpreted that !!!I am glad i am wrong.
"If you are planning on swapping a non-transferable pass in the grand massif be aware that they do test for that using imagery - I have been checked before against prior images of the pass user."-bummer.
cheers!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@kedsky, google "garderie samoens" for suggestions.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy