Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stubai glacier versus Fulpmes ski school

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, need to make a decision where to put my youngest (5 next month). I know the neustift schi school at Stubai glacier well as have used them the past 6 Easters. I am concerned though that the glacier will be too cold for him at 2800m in December so am thinking about switching to Fulpmes as lower. But then I am concerned that the snow won't be good enough for the rest of the family at Fulpmes/ Schlick (the locals tell me Schlick is best resort for miles when conditions good...) and definitely don't want a two centre holiday! We are staying in neustift so Fulpmes is also much nearer. I think my questions are:
- what is the Snow record like for mid December in Fulpmes (can't find anything online)?
- is gamsgarten too cold at this time for young kids?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Snowsartre,
My daughter was 7 last Christmas and was perfectly OK on the glacier. She does feel the cold.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For kids I'd say 100% Schlick2000 (Fulpmes) is better. They've got a cool kids playground (admittedly with a vey weird cartoon mascot thing), long but gentle slopes on the lower half of the mountain, and a fantastic kind of natural park (hard to describe, but not big jumps or anything like that) with weird bumps and dips to ski up and around.

I wouldn't say it's the best resort for miles around (I prefer Axamer Lizum personally) but there's plenty to keep more advanced skiers entertained too. Some really good tree skiing on storm days.

As to whether there's enough snow or it's too cold no-one can say. Last two years would've sucked at Schlick at that time. Two years prior would have been fine.

OTOH hand if you're already booked for Neustift there's no need to decide until you get there!

For the record, that's based on family ski hols to Schlick, Axamer and Patscherköfel when I was little, as well as my experience living here now.

EDIT: Also, not that it means anything for snow in mid-Dec, but this is what the snow at around 1800m at Axamer Lizum looked like on Monday:

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@clarky999, Great photo! I take the point about deciding on arrival but bit nervous that the ski schools will be full 18-24 December. Axamer Lizum might be worth a visit - is it on the same lift pass?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Snowsartre,
Christmas week is usually very quiet. I usually go out half way through your week and come back just before the New Year crowd arrive. Sometimes you almost get lonely out there wink

The Olympia World pass covers these slopes:
Axamer Lizum, Patscherkofel, Glungezer, Nordpark, Stubaier Gletscher, Schlick 2000, Kühtai, Rangger Köpfl, Mutterer Alm.

There are other options like the Freizeit Ticket as well.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Snowsartre, that week should be very quiet, and I would be very very surprised if you problems re. availability!

If you buy the Innsbruck Olympia World pass Axamer is also on it, but I think you can also buy just a Schlick pass (not 100% on that).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy