Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Newbie with a boots question!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Firstly :hello: from a newbie !!!

First question relates to boots. I'm a novice boarder (2 weeks in NZ a few years ago, and a couple of sessions at MK) - I can link turns and I'm starting to get some speed up and more confidence, so now I'm looking to buy some boots (sick of hire boots yuck!)

I have about a size 8 / 8.5 (yep I'm a girlie with long feet!) but they are quite narrow on the end. I tend to be in guys size boots which come up too wide for me on the toes, as well as the heel.

Can anybody recommend a boot that is suitable - I don't like really flexible boots as I find the boot flexes with my legs instead of maneouvering the board..

Also after something a bit narrower..

S&R in Chertsey are ordering me some boots in, and are going to try some inserts in the boots (can't remember what they were called) but I'm really struggling. Add to that, S&R only had one boot in an 8.5, and the shop in MK Snowdome (the big shop on the corner) also only had ONE boot in an 8.5 (obviously a popular size!!!)

Thanks!!

Jo
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well, I'd start by looking for women's boots, as they're more likely to be shaped properly for your feet. In general aim for boots about a 1/2 size smaller than your shoes.
As for brands that make narrower boots, Salomon and Northwave would both be worth looking at.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hiya - thanks - not many manufacturers make women's boots in an 8.5.

We tried the sole out of a size 8 and my toe just popped over the end of it. The guy did say that these insert thingies are supposed to tuck your foot up more so you can ge tinto a smaller boot, so fingers crossed.

I can't be the only girlie out there with size 8 / 8.5 feet though

Or am i just Flipper :LOL:

(My argument is I'm tall and I'd fall over if I had small feet!)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My guess would be that most manufacturers make womens boots in an 8.5, but it just might be hard to find them in stock somewhere, especially now with the season well under way, and most people already done with their gear buying.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ponder, You are right but S&R are cr*p with sizes and their range... I had a problem getting the new Salomon Ivy's (special order only) - which is NON refundable - so you are supposed to order a pair of boots without trying them on??? ffs! rolling eyes I also had to drive miles to another branch for my bindings because they would not transfer the stock to my local branch...

Try Bucks Boarding Center Jo - before you make your final choice - better customer service & nicer staff IMHO.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Kitty, I would do but S&R refused to refund me for a pair of boarding trousers that wouldn't stay done up, and would only issue a credit note (90 quid) so I'd prefer to buy from them or I'm left with a 90 quid credit note :s
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well I found a pair at last! If any other girlie has size 8's and is struggling here's what I found:

Salamon Malamute, Maori and Dialogue - good on the ankle, but way too huuuuge on the toes - good length but loads of foot lift and width at the toe

The perfect pair, are Burton Sable in a size 8 - they have an extra ankle thing that fits in to help with heel lift, I've put a pair of special sole things in (or rather S&R did), and they are sooooo comfy and light. Okay the heel will move around if I try, but in boarding stance it seems to be okay.

:thumbup: to Ross at S&R for persevering and ordering a few different boots in for me to try - and these were the last resort!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy