Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saint gervais and chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of staying in saint gervais for a week from 1st of january. Looking at piste map it looks lower altitude. Has anybody stayed here this time of year? How easy is it to get to chamonix from here if the snow is poor.
Many thanks.
Mark
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm booked for a few days at the start of February in St Gervais; I wouldn't worry too much about the altitude. The run back down to the village might not be open, or in great shape, but as Le Bettex is at 1400m I would be very surprised if everything from there and above wasn't in good shape by the start of the year.

If you did want to get round to Chamonix, I don't think its that far (though never done it as a journey in its own right), depends if you have your own transport or not or would be relying on buses though.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd guess 40 minutes to Cham. By car. Probably a royal pain by bus.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bus actually looks fairly straight forward;

http://www.sat-montblanc.com/img/os_document/356_l82_chamonix_praz_sur_arly_01092016_16122016_horaires_et_tarifs.pdf

though doesn't look like you'd get a full day skiing out of it
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@bigtuboflard, extraordinary. If only 3 times a day.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Stayed several times at this time of the year -Christmas usually. It has usually been fine although it's true that the last two or three years have been a bit wobbly. Dead easy drive up to Chamonix if you have a car but also Les Contamines seems to have its own little micro climate and seems to fair well when it's not so great at St G
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
20 minutes to Chamonix buy car, but as said don't read into the villages 850 meter altitude. The skiing is from bettix at 1400( you get the gondola up from village centre ). You also have the old fenicular railway up to Les Houche from village. Les Contimens is also a good shout.
One thing to be aware of is if is not party central.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@mark85000@hotmail.com,
I learned in St Gervais at that time of year. I've very fond memories and have always intended to go back but sadly it never comes off!
It's a really lovely town and very much a begginers/intermediate resort. From Bettex up the snow was very, very good.
Great tree lined runs for the bad weather days. I think they've combined the pass with Les Houches in recent years too giving extra area to mooch around.
As Jonny996 says it's not party central though if that's a requirement. A car would be good to make the most but not a necessity.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name wrote:
@bigtuboflard, extraordinary. If only 3 times a day.
Yep I was surprised to find you could do it direct and as quickly as that. But as you say, you'd not be on the slopes much before 11.30 though could then ski to the last lift and get the last bus back.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@mark85000@hotmail.com,

The snow is very likely to be fine above Bettex and even more likely to be good just up the Road in Les Contamines (10 mins in a car, frequent buses, on the same lift pass).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy