Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski boots.

Poster: A snowHead
Hi I have always hireRd boots but it's about time I bought a pair as I always find them not stiff enough.I like to ski every where for example.in the morning I'll be ski lift access off piste. Then in the afternoons couple of laps around the snow park and quick blast down some reds and blacks.I was thinking about getting the salomon x pro 120 or should I go for a hybrid boot like the qst pro120 as I would like to get more into the backcountry

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's best to see a good bootfitter (e.g. Solutions4feet), and go in without any preconceived ideas of what you're going to walk out with. What works for someone else on here won't necessarily work for you.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What part of the country are you based in? Folk on here should be able to recommend a good local fitter for you; its the only sensible way of ensuring you get the best boots for you
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yup, what looks good on paper often doesn't suit your foot. I've tried on a Lange hybrid 120 flex boot and could fold it like wet tissue paper. Then a more 'comfort based' quest pro 110 and found it had a hell of a lot more stiffness when on.
And a decent boot fitter will make all the little tweaks that deal with any problem areas.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replys.I live near melton mowbray in Leicestershire.I was thinking once I had made my mind up on boots I wanted I'd go to the one bicester so then the misses can go round the oUtley shopping place to make her happy.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@deeppow, You won't find a better place than Solutions4feet, but book well in advance. You don't need to decide which boots you want in advance Colin/Andy will tell you which you need for your feet / build / skiing.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@deeppow, under no circumstances go to S4F and tell colin what boot you want! Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Best thing you can do for a fitter is to write down a few short notes on what previous problems you have had with hire boots, what type of skiing you do now (be honest), what you aspire to, and if you feel the need some of the boots you think MAY be suitable. Sometimes things go out of your head once you get in the place.

Then trust in the boot fitter.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Best boots = the ones that fit! and if you have had hire boots so far then a proper fitter is the one who knows better than you what a boot should fit like.

From bitter experience, don't second guess a good bootfitter, you WILL end up with a world of pain.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the advise going to ring up Colin tommro and hopefully get booked in before January Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the advise going to ring up Colin tommro and hopefully get booked in before January Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
holidayloverxx wrote:
@deeppow, under no circumstances go to S4F and tell colin what boot you want! Laughing

+1, nor what colour you want either Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Dr Rock, But aren't red ones faster?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I live in Melton too and have just bought a pair from Tallington Lakes Pro shop near Stamford.
Very detailed and attentive service. As others have said go with an open mind. As it happens I ended up with Salomon X-Pro 100's but the range available is extensive and definitely tailored to suit individual requirements.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi,
Are Atomic Livefit really the most comfortable boots available?

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 29-11-16 19:49; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Scarpa wrote:
@Dr Rock, But aren't red ones faster?

Yes: and that's why my ski boots are red Cool (Hey, look , Colin picked 'em out, nothing to do with me.... rolling eyes )
latest report
@Dr Rock, Same here but a different fitter in Austria. Even the name adds a few kph... Redster Laughing
ski holidays
deeppow wrote:

Hi.

Considering buying a Salomon Qst Pro 100 or 120 so wonder whether you, at the end, have tried the Qst Pro 120 in the shop? I am advanced skier, currently using a Salomon X-Wave 8.0, have wide feet and the 106mm last option on Salomon is appealing as well as the light weight and the aim to take them to BC.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy