Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing in Scotland - how can it be improved (facilities, transport, marketing etc)?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I might suggest appealing more to the Motorhome crowd, being far more flexible in arrival/transport stakes. I keep an eye on the weather & will head up from Dorset if it looks good. Getting snowed in is a bonus! Also if the weather turns foul you can merrily head down to the towns or other tourist stuff in the area.

Glencoe has great motorhome facilities would be great if the bar opened till later!(where else is good with a motorhome out of interest?) A multiple area lift pass/motorhome camping pass would be great too, so just head off to the place that has the pow, less lift queues etc.

The FB posts are great & really gets you keen on a trip (or not), this has been the best bit of marketing I've seen so keep up the good work on that front.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Having personally done a lot of skiing from the back of a van, and living in Scotland, I would say that for those who do not live in Scotland being campervan friendly is one way to open up the ski resorts to those who live outside or far away from Scotland. (probably England/Wales and to a lessor extent Ireland, but also opens it to Europeans who would probably be unlikely to be in Scotland during a ski season anyway)

Those who live in Scotland are able to get there by car, and go home in the same day, and so campervan facilities are not really targeted at this demographic. (unless they are in a social group looking to meet up and stay for a few days, which may be possible and cheaper than driving 200-500 miles a day)

However, the demographic with access to a motorhome is very limited, and for those who ski and have access in UK this is even smaller. Most motorhome owners in the UK are old, non-skiers, and rarely use their vans in winter time.

A cheap timeshare motorhome located in Scotland might suit many skiers outside of Scotland, and some in Scotland. Getting a flight to Scotland, or train, and then picking up your timeshare campervan, might be very convenient and possibly cheaper than any other method of accessing Scottish ski resorts from outside Scotland.

I say timeshare, as motorhome rental tends to be prohibitively expensive relative to costs of running, and also excludes many people because of insurance restrictions and costs.

Maybe a motorhome club, rather than a timeshare might be more viable. However, it is highly likely to be difficult to obtain access when the snow is here. Everyone would want to use it at the same time. Then there would be long periods when it was not used. On second thoughts, this may not be particularly viable.

Unless, the old non-skiers in Scotland who do not use their motorhomes in the winter, sublet their motorhomes to the club for the winter? This may make it viable....
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
On second thoughts, there is probably a moral hazard with regard to subletting motorhomes. Can you think what it might be?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy