Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowshepherd Leather Ski/Work Gloves (any reviews?)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've had these, bombproof. http://shop.snowshepherd.co.uk/epages/es122028.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es122028/Products/SSkinco901med
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, First time post, long time lurker !
You cannot wash any leather gloves in a machine with DETERGENT, the detergent strips the leather of all its natural oils and suppleness and leaves them stiff and probably cracked. If you then put them on a radiator to dry, this just makes things worse.
So, what to do...?
The answer is SOAP.... imperial leather, dove, whatever bar of good old fashioned soap you happen to have. Get a bowl of warm water, put your gloves on and wash your hands as you would normally, rinse with warm water, take them off and hang them to dry naturally for a day or two ( Dont put on the radiator this will make them stiff ).
I am a fireman and this is how we are told to wash our dirty gloves and it works. If we do the detergent/radiator thing with our gloves the Brigade goes mad at us for trashing a £120 glove.

So, give it a go and banish those that sweaty hand smells and get more than a season out of your gloves
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dr John wrote:
I've had these, bombproof. http://shop.snowshepherd.co.uk/epages/es122028.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es122028/Products/SSkinco901med

Got a pair of the as well but only paid 25 bucks. Only downside is the breaking in
Which for someone with a bit of arthritis as a tad painful at times
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just got a pair of the Black Sheep ones, not tried on the slopes yet as I'm a bit out of action put fit well and feel nice and warm round the house. Had a pair of the original Venitex ones from Snowshepherd and they have been my everyday winter gloves for several years as well as ski gloves, great but a bit draughty round the seams, am hopeful the new ones with the liner will solve that!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy