Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for New Freeride Skis this season

Poster: A snowHead
I think it's about time to replace my beloved Scott Punishers, the best freeride ski I've ever had. I'm looking for something similar underfoot (around 108), stable and light. Quite drawn to Faction Candide 3.0. Anyone tested them or got any other recommendations? Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I take it you are looking for a change...as there is always the Punisher 110.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My countdown 102s which are for sale:)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Depends if you want to go smaller or wider I myself love the atomic backland 117,109,102 skis brilliant skis.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Old Fartbag, yes just want something a bit lighter
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'll be the one to say whitedot director carbonlite. Someone was going to say it soon.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@jedster, Don't encourage Kooky, I believe she is still sleeping with her new DCs next to her bed rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@jedster, totally Blush

I have always had the Atomic Access as my main off piste ski, I have the 161 and 171 versions, but after a few moments on the Whitedot Director Carbonlites I was hooked.
Lovely playful ski, I tested them on the EoSB and they dealt with the hard pack icy morning pistes to the poor mans powder we found a bit later on in the day, and finally they just cruised through the slush heading back to the chalet.
The only thing I didn't get a chance to test them on was deep floaty powder, but something tells me they may be kind of ok wink

And yes, I do sleep with them next to my bed.......and will undoubtedly continue to do so looks sharply at Scarpa
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Kooky, Just keep them out of the bed... I have enough injuries at the moment wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the feedback & suggestions, went for the Faction 3.0 in the end
Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Did you try them, or take a punt?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've taken a punt on these too, something tells me it's not too risky.........
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I took a punt the other year on the Atomic Bent Chetlers for a proper powder ski but by god they are pretty versatile Madeye-Smiley

Happy to use them for most things.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Scarpa, i never knew you had a pair Bentchetlers and you couod ski them anywhere Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@meandrew, I keep very quiet about it wink

Like a Jehovah's Wittness I often call at doors handing out Atomic leaflets and asking if they would like to talk about how bringing a pair of Bent Chetlers into their lives could improve things.

However, Kooky has now started a rival sect and can often be found harrassing people on the street about why they are not believers in the truth of Carbonlite Directors.
snow report
@Scarpa, hahaha i just hope I dont end up afflicted like you as I too have joined the Bentchetler gang hoping to ski like a god on boiler plate and powder Laughing
snow report
@meandrew, I have to admit, on steep icy blacks you do get a bit of speed flap in the tips and tails, but it is manageable. Proper off piste... awesome.
snow report
@Scarpa, I doubt very much that they will be my everyday ski I have my Automatics and Mantras for that and icy piste days either my AC50 or Nordica Dobermans will be on duty,strictly powder for my Bentchetlers Very Happy
latest report
Yeah, I have a few other skis for pistes or cruddy off piste conditions, but you often end up skiing a few unpredicted runs during a day even when you are chasing powder Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Quote:

Yeah, I have a few other skis for pistes or cruddy off piste conditions, but you often end up skiing a few unpredicted runs during a day even when you are chasing powder

That's one of the big things about off piste skiing that isn't mentioned enough - you end up skiing all sorts of conditions, quite a lot of it more "character building" than delicious. But that is all part of the fun. Well the satisfaction at least - pulling the right blend of skills out of the bag to deal with the changing conditions.
ski holidays
... meaning also that there is no perfect off piste ski, just a good compromise for your style and likely conditions
ski holidays
And also when you find yourself trying to stay upright in deep snow on bloody SL skis Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
I prefer the compromise of fat skis on ice over skinny skis in powder - any day of the week 👍
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy