Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Unable to resist new equipment ?

Poster: A snowHead
So i took my skis in for service before i go to chillfactor..... Ended up buying a new helmet, no idea how that came to be, !! Not told wife yet , only got a new one last year, anybody else a ski impulse buyer??
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm a sucker for gadgets - ESS var bindings that moved forward/backward, Marker Bindings with 3 stiffness settings, Goode ski poles with height adjustment and a glove that attached directly, sunnies with replaceable lenses and a Salomon helmet with a pneumatic pump.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 30-10-16 16:57; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The helmet ive just got is the salomon with pump.... Gimmick got me, but it was comfy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's very comfy...and has vents that open with the sliding of a toggle....what's not to like. Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anybody who has bought items I've sold to fellow SnowHeads (or eBayers) has benefited from my gadget fetish (goggles, goggle cases, shovels, gloves, helmets, tuning stands, ski poles, skis, bindings, crampons etc).

And yes, I do have a new helmet on order this year........I couldn't resist the new models from Oakley.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
PowderAdict wrote:

And yes, I do have a new helmet on order this year........I couldn't resist the new models from Oakley.

...and it will go particularly well with some FDs + Prizm Hi-Pink lens! Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm getting pretty good at holding my wallet tight.
I was wondering around Ellis Brigham in Covent Garden yesterday and I walked out without getting the Visa card out.
I watched others splashing out on new boots and I thought to myself do I really want to buy a new pair of boots? I haven't worn out the last pair yet.

I found myself looking at helmets with visors, but I escaped wallet intacta.

No doubt I will succumb to a big spend at some time, but not yesterday.
Ah, I did spend £10 on two pairs of HH merino ski socks in TK-Max on Friday.

The main item on the shopping list is a pair of retro Goode very skinny carbon poles.
(I've left mine in Soll)

What should I drop for hints for Xmas?
A big wheely bag to get all my rubbish in.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My ski room has got kind of ridiculous this week a friend of mine has decided he wont be using any of his gear anymore as hes now living in Singapore so I have gained 2 pairs of Mantras,a pair of Porsche skis,2 ski bags and a pair of ski boots!!! this is aswell as me buying a pair of Bentchetlers on the strength of a guy buying my s7,s off facebook who has just pm,d me to say his clutch has broke and can no longer afford them.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Much the opposite! This year has been very stressful, my 8yr old skis had to be replaced after a binding problem and my 21yr old boots had to be replaced after bits of the inner fell out each time I took them off, that was on top of spending £160 on jacket and salopettes 3years ago snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm terrible at this, got 8 pairs of skis and 4 mountain bikes Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm impulsive full stop!! Happy

- 7 sets of skis
- 3 bikes
- 4 RC monster trucks
- 4 RC cars
- 2 RC Helis
- 2 Drones

We are blokes, we love our toys Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

Maybe if I didn't spend so much time on this, i'd have more time & money for other toys
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes we have to have our toys.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
yorkshirelad wrote:
The helmet ive just got is the salomon with pump.... Gimmick got me, but it was comfy

I got the Salomon Allium Custom Air last season. Its defiantly not a gimmick. I have a large neck and back, couldn't find any helmets with a wheel adjustment to fit without digging into my neck or pushing my goggles into my nose bridge. MIPS next, its great to see this moving into ski helmets too.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
4 pairs of skis
5 climbing ropes
4 pairs of climbing shoes
5 guns
6 fishing rods
2 cycles
8 ice axes
Motorbike helmet, rock climbing helmet, ice climbing helmet, horse riding helmet, 2 x cycle helmets
Various assorted other items filling spare room.

I need help or a bigger house.
snow report
11 surfboards
6 wetsuits
More fins than is really necessary.

1 snowboard.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 31-10-16 17:56; edited 1 time in total
snow report
generally I go for the hobo look on the slopes so it makes it difficult to buy new things and maintain the style.
ski holidays
@DrLawn, I grabbed 4 pairs of the same Merino socks from TK Maxx today and somehow managed to control myself and return all the other ski related clobber to the shelves!
I'm always on the lookout for new stuff/clothes/gadgets/kit... I think this year the main purchase will have to be gloves.
snow report
Finches Ski Emporium in Forest Hill, SE London have their new season discount/open day this coming Sunday and all I need to do is drop my skis in for a service and enjoy a few free drinks and snacks... Think I've come out with something new I didn't plan on buying each of the last couple of years Smile
snow conditions
New wifes are more expencive! So just go ahead with the gear! snowHead too
latest report
Mjit wrote:
... a few free drinks and snacks... Think I've come out with something new I didn't plan on buying each of the last couple of years Smile
That's "free" as in "free lunch", then.
snow report
The bleed nipples I needed for my brakes turned into a full refurbishment kit... and I still need to pay someone to do the work too as I don't have the time, space or tools to do it myself.
latest report
My Oakley Mod 5 Helmet finally turned up. It's a great fit, and of course has perfect integration with my Flight Deck goggles. Somehow the sculptured sides and back, makes it look smaller than my previous Giro Range, so result all round.
snow report
I did all my impulse shopping in the summer. New coat, new headphone things, new skis (first set), poles and goggles.
ski holidays
I love my current skis and boots so it would seem like a betrayal if I bought any more! Keeps me sane in that department, I suppose.

But it's the clothes that get me; especially with a Decathlon just on my doorstep and such an array of bargains. Last year I popped in for a cheap pair of socks and ended up walking out with new salopettes, new jacket, 2 pairs of gloves, an array of base layers and long johns, and a hat. It's likely I won't get to go skiing this year but on Saturday morning I popped in and literally had to force myself out of the shop without buying something.
latest report
I work about 500 yards from Decathlon, but am able to resist. I couldn't resist the bargain that Glissshop had on some new skis though, nor a collection of servicing gear from spyderjon. Skis ordered Friday evening, arrived today with bindings of choice mounted. Very good service.
snow conditions
I am the sad opposite. Jacket bought for about £30 about 10 years old and still going. Salopettes about £30 from Mountain Warehouse, four seasons in and still going. Only ones that have ever fit my toddy little legs. Helmet about 5 years old. Missing a few bits (doesn't make an effective brake on boardercross course). Maybe should get a new one. Gloves padded out a bit, but at least can get a decent pair of liners in too. Goggles about 6 years old. Still not had to put the "sunshine" lens in yet (mind you, been to Scandinavia a few times, so you're lucky if the sun actually rises...). Boots are only 4 years old. Plenty of life in them yet Very Happy
snow conditions
I'm a permanent SKS sufferer (Shiny Kit Syndrome).

Only got a Marmot down jacket from ebay so far this year.

Oh, unless you count boots, bindings, skins and crampons back in April Embarassed
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Oh, unless you count boots, bindings, skins and crampons back in April

That was last season so doesn't count wink
snow report
Phew Very Happy
snow conditions
Skis
Touring bindings
Skins
Retractable poles
Goggles
Airbag
Crampons
Dual ski bag
...... all in the last two months .... I think I have some kind of disease ......
latest report
I'm eternally searching for the perfect ski, so I keep buying new ones and selling ones I've only used a few times!

I always end up buying one new thing each season, although this season I think it's just thermal knickers Laughing
snow report
Ski tuning kit from Jon
Vice and waxing iron locally
Swix carving kit no.1 for quick sharpening
Edge remover device
Ski pants. In blue. Tired of red.
Avalung
Avalanche airbag rucksack (second hand)
New skis for the boy
He'll probably need new (well, second hand) boots at some point during the season
Suunto traverse GPS watch (ski touring mode)
Thin ski socks
Various maps
New apartment in Åre

All items totally essential.
snow report
"The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys".
ski holidays
HoneyBunny wrote:
I'm eternally searching for the perfect ski, so I keep buying new ones and selling ones I've only used a few times!

I always end up buying one new thing each season, although this season I think it's just thermal knickers Laughing

I trust you are not using the same business model for the latter. Toofy Grin
latest report
Bought new neoshell pants and jacket cos I have a soft shell fetish...totally unnecessary....seriously considering another K2 Route helmet but only because they now do one in Orange and it matches the zip detail on my new jacket....ditto new Salmon XPRO 130's...to be fair I probably need a stiffer boot than my current pimped up XPRO 100's however it's seemingly all about the orange detail.....sad middle aged victim I know however its my cash and the wife is useless at buying me pressies........ Very Happy
snow report
Black Crows Captis skis, Surefoot Lange boots, Vuarnet Jacket, various baselayers so far...
snow conditions
I've decided I want some new ski trousers but they've got to be grey. I don't need them but I'm no longer loving my yellow ones. So far haven't found any in my size or less than about £300.

Oh and keep being tempted by new boots. Current ones are only 9yrs old though Toofy Grin
latest report
I've just remembered, I bought two backpacks in the summer as well. And a new ice axe. And a new harness There is no hope for us!
snow report
@halfhand, ...my new ones are grey....yellow ones definitely need replacing immediately...do a search rab neoshell guide in shark....beautiful and I'm already a better skier without even wearing them...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy