Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre chevalier transfers

Poster: A snowHead
Hi wise people
Please help!
We are a family of 4 (2 adults, a 3yr old and new 5 year old). I am looking for the cheapest way to transfer from turin to serre chevalier. OUR flight arrives 1220 on 12th Feb 2017 and returns 0745 on 19th Feb.
I am happy to consider any option. private transfers are so so so expensive. The only scheduled transfer I could find would mean a 6 hour wait at he airport. Public transport can only get us part of the way.
Car hire an option but I am worrying about car being piled high with snow and tricky to defrost with such an early start on the return journey. ALSO by the time we add car seats snow chains etc a private transfer may be better.
Any advise help or suggestions? How could I contact others who may want to share a transfer.
Any advise appreciated.

Thanks
Una
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My pal drives for these:
http://www.go-montgenevre.com/transfers/
And another owns this, but is more expensive:
http://www.alpine-transfer-company.com/transfers/briancon/
Or train from the airport to Turin centre, then train to Oulx, then bus to Serre Chevalier, cheaper but more complex, maybe not what you want with a family!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you for that! REALLY helpful
I have just emailed http://www.go-montgenevre.com/transfers/
I emailed yesterday, they are too expensive for us unfortunately.
I would consider the public transport option but I think we miss the last bus from oulx, so maybe an option would be to get that far then taxi. And a private transfer all the way to turin on way home due to early start. Also considering getting back to turin the night before and booking hotel.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Una, there is a new bus service from Turin airport direct to Serre Chevalier running on Saturdays and Sundays. Can be booked online from 1st November. http://www.serre-chevalier.com/une-nouvelle-ligne-reguliere-pour-se-rendre-a-serre-chevalier/ . I have no idea yet of the timetable.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've also seen another new transfer bus in the supermarket car park last week, I'll see if i can find the link/
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Please do! THANKS
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.autocars-resalp.com/transferts/aeroports/turin/
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@KenX, there was also a minibus service. They had a purple and green minibus, and the pic I saw was taken in LeClerc car park which I thought was a bit strange.
I'm sure they were on Twitter or Facebook but can't find it now.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Look at the car hire again but consider bringing your own chains and booster seats. Its not difficult if you have chains. I am saying this with the benefit of experience having got stuck going up the col de montgenevre from See Chevalier without chains.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
PS You will have plenty of notice on the return journey and can look at parking underground when you are in Serre che if it looks like there will be a big fall of snow.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And probably the best:
https://www.linkbus-alps.com/page_temp/doc/brochure-linkbus-en.pdf
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sorry to hi-jack the thread. Do any of the Serre experts know about transfering from Oulx (train station) to Serre Chevalier. We'll be coming and going on the Paris > Oulx TGV train and I had asumed that there are public buses timed to meet the trains.

In other resorts we've run into trouble with the buses being sold out in advance, so ideally I'd like to buy tickets online in advance if possible or failing that book a private transfer.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Bradlex, Resalp as the last 2 links above!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The other company I have seen advertising is Snow Cab. www.snow.cab
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks @KenX and @Hells Bells

Thanks I had seen the resalp links but to be honest was struggling...

Have since found https://www.05voyageurs.com which seems to sell tickets for the Network Hautes-Alpes buses for Oulx > SC.

Does anyone have an opinion on whether these tend to be reliable and run to time?
snow report
@Bradlex, they're usually pretty reliable and timed to meet trains.
latest report
@Bradlex, they're usually pretty reliable and timed to meet trains.
latest report
For anyone still looking for tranfers from Turin Airport, the timetables for the Linkbus are now available. Tickets on sale from 15th
https://www.linkbus-alps.com/page_temp/doc/horaires-linkbus.pdf
snow conditions
Email the guys at pinewoodchalets.com I know that they will be doing transfers
ski holidays
Various UK airport departing Crystal package holiday flights come in to Turin on Sundays for their package deals to Serre Che. This may be stupid post but might it be possible to enquire about a piggy back on their transfer buses if they have any empty seats for a fee? Sure they'd rather have money than empty seats. Saying that all transfer buses I've been on seem pretty full so with your group being 4 rather than just 1 or 2 chances would be slim but maybe worth an enquiry! Never know if you dont ask. Shocked
snow conditions
@marmotman, it will be a particularly full transfer too, as it is UK half term week. From experience, they often combine Serre Che transfers with Risoul from Turin too, and of course, Claviere and Montgenevre.
snow report
How easy is the drive from Turin?

I was wondering how often the passes get closed.
snow report
@Mosha Marc, it's a fairly easy drive, fast exit from the airport and straight onto the autostrada until you meet the Col du Montgenevre, which is rarely closed, although it does happen occasionally. It's still a main route through to Gap and the South.
latest report
@Hells Bells, thanks. there's half a dozen of us staying in the Chamoissiere block in January. I'll try and make sure that any fire don't spread to yours Very Happy
ski holidays
@Mosha Marc, Very Happy Very Happy . Hopefully not, as you should be in a different part to me. When you there?
snow report
We're in one called Djote Mountain, Mel got us sorted out. Do you know it?
ski holidays
Sorry, it's the 15th for a week.
latest report
@Mosha Marc, I do, and it is a very nice one too. We'll just miss you as we leave on the 14th.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Hells Bells, that's a shame. We'll just tell everybody you invited us if it really kicks off wink
ski holidays
Laughing Laughing
snow report
I'll be here Very Happy
snow report
Ali. Transfer company mentioned above do shared transfers and would be worth getting a quote from. They have a few options from private to shared.
snow report
@KenX, I don't think I can get the bike in as well wink

But if you fancy a few pints and a slide.......................................
ski holidays
@Mosha Marc, defo Very Happy
snow conditions
Top stuff. There's six wannabees on our trip.

We arrive on the 15th January and have got Mel and Gavin to sort us out. We're out with Gavin locally on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, probably a bit of touring and/or a trip to La Grave with him on Friday and Saturday and are free Wednesday.

I've rented a 9 seater van too so we can move around easily to try new areas, chase the decent snow etc.

Will you be working most of the time?
latest report
Just finished a 6 week job in Chantemerle so I've done my bit for the year!!!!!
Wouldn't mind hooking up with you for a bit if it's cool with Gavin?
ski holidays
@KenX, I don't mind. I guess you know each other?
snow conditions
@Mosha Marc, Sure do Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy