Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do my boots fit my bindings?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, got new bindings and when I ordered them the size m/l was sold out so I went with L/XL.. I'm not sure if this was a mistake. The boots seem to fit in the bindings nicely but there is almost no overhang of toe over front of binding.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Puzzled
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@KenX, I don't understand the question either, so I suspect it's about snowboard bindings?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They are too big you fkd up fill the boot/binder gaps with bananas
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@geepee, @KenX, that's a good bet given it's in the snowboarding forum... Laughing
(I don't understand the question either!)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No the question is about matching hard goods sizing correctly ie brd waist width and boot binder matched sizing .

Entry riders to 3 week a season riders start building the roof first before the foundations always .

They buy boards on colour or marketing (we all have at some point even if its just alpine clothing, fit is often just luck)
Boots are generally oversized in volume or lenght
Bindings are like.... often wrong in size or flex or no spare parts exist and the rider generally wonders what a screwdriver is needed for when going on holiday?

Boots are first, binders second, board last this is a better order to purchase .

If the OP were to give details on the exact model brand size of all three hardgoods or items and foot szs in the mix ie brd boots binder details ...

Then with forum input they themselves can decide whats going to have to make do or what is the first priority change for the coming season .

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 30-10-16 10:27; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Gämsbock, I hadn't spotted the forum. Doh. Embarassed
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi, sorry I thought I was In a Snowboard only forum! I guess this may not be the best place to ask but the problem is the size of my bindings... these differ depending on brand, the previous brand I've used for last two sets, were fine. But now I'm upgrading to union, the L/XL bindings fit my boot snug but they are not overlapping at the front end (gas pedal) at all and I'm not sure if this is good, checked a video on YouTube and the demo guy must be using the same size of boot / binding because it's the same on there which gives me some hope
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What size boots have you got in the l/xl union binders is the issue you cant change your foot size therefore boot size (not much anyway !)

But you can change binding and board waist width size .

Many riders like a larger binding I prefer it as small as possible .
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have a pair of thirtytwo jp walker, size uk9, the union bindings are last seasons force and they recommend the l/XL for Uk 9.5-13

I feel like the size down may be better but I'm not sure, read bad things about them on my particular size of boot. Perhaps havin size 9 feet is not so good for union bindings Confused

I actually had 9.5 thirtytwo boots before and thought I had made a mistake going down a size but after a few weeks riding these boots felt good and they have at least another season left in them!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
In the past using sz 9 boots in Union force size l/xl binders the heel loop would not stay adjusted inwards for the smaller size 9 uk boot in a L/XL binding .

It... the adjustable heel loop would consistently move out by itself. Bindings were about £160 nicker then they had a great alround flex that would not tire out a riders legs although a l/xl binding was faulty in 9uk boot .

After l/xl pairs I ran smaller medium size binders at a later date with sz 9 sallys and this fixed the moving heel loop issue for myself but size 10-11uk riders might not have wanted to buy another medium binding set as the medium binding "may" not have fitted the boot anyway .

I think now years later in newer stage 4 model baseplate union bindings (but do not know for certain) The union tosspots may have fixed this issue .

Union had a few specific bad issues but they would only fix bad issues on a new re design year so the std design stage 3 baseplate was faulty for well over 6 years but only in size 9-10 possibly 11uk boots in size L/XL binders .
You can find threads on it somewhere .
Burton was far better they fixed things or redesigned more often but they still repeated exact carbon binding mistakes from 1999 again around 2011.
Union also made lots of carbon binder fkups for many years they were full of it .

With dirty thirty twos a 9.5uk boot may be a squeeze in a medium force binder (I think ? I,m not sure correct me if wrong ) check at TSA or ring as it may just be fine ?

If your 32 9.5uk are fitting your feet really well stay with them till you know downsizing to a 9uk fits better heat molded properly. Downsizing is something too look at later... it may be a fine line where riders doing 50-100 days can tolerate a smaller performance boot fit but not a 2 week a season rider ..if you can understand that ....they the two weekers may not be flexible at the ankles enough to tolerate a tighter fit is one issue along with more .

32 liners if genuine Intuition liners will compact or compress quite a bit .
You can reduce volume later if this happens with a thicker insole or spacer ....too a degree .

32 doesn't show mondo sizes (if I remember right) they are a bunch of unts because selling alpine boots without mondo sizing is a low key churning tactic ?
So I don't know if a size 9uk is the next mondo shell size down or not from 9.5uk?

Uk sizes mean nothing the Jp walkers may be 2;1 lasted so the 32boots may only change length on the full mondo size (which they don't show) but if jp walkers are 1;1 lasted you may get a length change between 9 an 9.5uk .
Its like they want people to get confused and they are doing very well at it .

Nothing beats fitting instore or with all items in your hands the devils in the detail .
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy