Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Talk to me about skiing in North America please......

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Getting to Utah is a whole lot easier this year. The vail ski company bought the canyons and took out a lease on park city resort last year ( gazumping the family company who had run it for decades) merged the two and now have the biggest resort in the USA. and have persuaded delta to run direct flights from Heathrow to salt lake three times a week.champagne powder wins over Sierra cement any day.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Angus og, Not sure Vail Resorts had anything to do with Delta running direct flights - this was on the cards before the PC/Canyons buyout and merger happened.

It does make it easier to get there, but don't be swayed by the 2nd largest US resort wink

edited for correction as of todays news - poor old Vail Resorts Toofy Grin

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 29-10-16 14:42; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would suggest your man Wilson's landing skillz are not his strong point?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Accommodation is he really bigger and of a higher class for your money in NA
There are far more powder days at most Rockies resorts than Europe.
You get service with a smile in NA
You don't really get Alpine charm or ambience
Everything is owned by the resort operator in many NA resorts so it can feel a bit Disney.
Expect better service in NA but expect to pay for it.
NA has ago controlled off piste areas.
NA is much bigger on snow police which can be positive or negative depending on your attitude.

The exchange rate makes it a bad time to ski anywhere this season except Scotland but it won't be long before they declare independence and ditch the Pound for the Smakerooney.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I do know that they had been trying to get more direct flights to Europe from salt lake for years.Often the resorts in park city would be shut in early April even if conditions would allow another month of skiing as there simply weren't enough people ( without season passes) to make it viable.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I do know that they had been trying to get more direct flights to Europe from salt lake for years.Often the resorts in park city would be shut in early April even if conditions would allow another month of skiing as there simply weren't enough people ( without season passes) to make it viable.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Post count accumulation? Laughing

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 30-10-16 18:25; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Post count accumulation? Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all your thoughts guys! We shall do some research and make a decision. There's definitely a snow fix on the agenda somewhere!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Breckenridge has a great town, but it gets way too crowed due to the close proximity to Denver and cheap season pass. I would avoid it.

I really like Aspen Snowmass. While Aspen town is insanely expensive, Snowmass is actually quite affordable. There are 4 mountains to explore, all connected by a free bus and same lift tickets. Food is really good on the mountain.

I also highly recommend Whistler. It's a great mountain. Has something for everyone. Affordable due to current exchange rate. And very international feel, prob more Aussies than Canadians there.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You should make the trip to Whistler! Nice town and fun hills Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy