Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quite possibly stupid question about custom mould footbeds

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have custom footbeds fitted to ski boots which have been great the past 5 or 6 seasons. If I were to upgrade my boots, could I just pull footbeds out of old boots and insert in new or will I need to get new moulds done?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can reuse them.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If by 5 or 6 seasons you mean 5 or 6 weeks then probably as long as they fit and 'work' in your new boots. It will depend a lot on the materials used in construction. If you mean 5 or 6 full seasons then they will be pretty well shot!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@anarchicsaltire, probably 100 days' use
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Still using my Sidas conformables (the green ones) which I moulded myself when I was working in a ski shop in Zermatt in 1988 Very Happy
Obviously my feet haven't changed significantly and the material these are made from doesn't degrade, not the same for all insoles and people though..........
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
KenX wrote:
Still using my Sidas conformables (the green ones) which I moulded myself when I was working in a ski shop in Zermatt in 1988 Very Happy
Obviously my feet haven't changed significantly and the material these are made from doesn't degrade, not the same for all insoles and people though..........

I have only recently replaced my original green Sidas Conformables...which I suspect are even older (I think mid 80s). They are still serviceable, but when my slightly less ancient Salomon Integral Equipe 8.2s fell apart, I thought I better get some up to date jobbies along with the new boots.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've had mine for 10 years and they and the heel lifts that were done at the same time are in their 3rd pair boots. I would fret if I had to change them and get new ones. They have so far done one full season, and about 30 days a year since. As far as I can tell, no change-they were rigid ones (red) done by an excellent boot fitter in Les Menuires.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just for contrast, my original 'custom footbeds' got replaced when I bought new boots, not because they were worn out (they weren't) but because they were crap. So, can you reuse them? Yes. Should you? Depends...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'D say no, unless your body is exactly the same as it was then. We advise 5 years, nothing to do with usage, just if you want to be sure they work as best as can. Possibly 10 years if you're in your twenties, to try to be generalistic. Opinion based on my body and all those that have come back after 5 years, would love to reuse the old stuff, "Eco" and all that, but more often than not, bin fodder when matched to foot and changes in physiology accounted for. Non custom stuff however might become better, as the changes may work in favour of the footbed's properties.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
CH2O wrote:
I'D say no, unless your body is exactly the same as it was then.

I'm pretty lucky in that regard. I'm the same weight, with the same waist and body dimensions as I was when 20 (and that was over 35 years ago).

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sat 29-10-16 21:56; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@CH2O, I'm still using the one from your place after 8-9 years I think. I did get it checked out by a damn good fitter and he agreed that it still fits my foot shape pretty well.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Might as well give it a shot if you're still happy with them, but they might change in a different boot.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy