Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix 2016/17

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Some clarity sought from local resident and those in the know.

I have just purchased my Unlimited lift pass for the forthcoming winter. As usual I am receiving lots of emails from the CMB, with bits of useful information in amongst the propaganda and guff (e.g. the "MONT-BLANC Natural Resort Brand" cobblers)

2 things are not clear to me.

1) Is Le Contamines missing from the pass this year? I suspect it is, as we are invited to enjoy access to the Megeve Evasion Mont Blanc Area, and the Les Houches - St Gervais ski area, but no mention of Les C. I hope my suspicions are ill founded as I thoroughly enjoyed all of our visits there last year.

2) The latest "Webzine" (God help us) states that the station at Montenvers is undergoing renovation. The photos show it looking like a building site. We are told it will "open in spring 2017". Does this mean that the railway will not be running through the forthcoming winter? If not, this is most disappointing.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@HammondR,

1) I don't understand why you'd think Contamines would be excluded? Certainly nothing I see suggests that.

2) bizarrely enough, the CMB has info. http://www.compagniedumontblanc.co.uk/en/lifts-chamonix
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name,
1) Maybe I over/under think these things. Last year's propaganda made a big deal of Les Contamines. Also, the previous emails this autumn stated that St G and Megeve were included, and under an asterisk something to the effect "other domains are under negotiation".

2) Oops, didn't see that. Funny that they also state that the station would reopen in Spring. Must be some temporary structures.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@HammondR, all the PR I received clearly stated that Evasion MB was included. I don't think they could selectively excludes Les Cs even if they wanted to.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
under a new name wrote:
@HammondR, all the PR I received clearly stated that Evasion MB was included. I don't think they could selectively excludes Les Cs even if they wanted to.

Got to agree with the above, but i'll ask at Montenvers when i collect my pass this week and post on here or text you to put your mind at rest.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@midgetbiker,
Good on yer. I have emailed the CMB but not yet heard.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi there, looks like you guys know the score when it comes to Chamonix. Wonder if you can answer a question for me...in a typical year, what would the skiing be like on the Grand Montet or Brevent in mid December?

I have flights to Geneva on the 16th December and just doing some research, I have mainly been to Tignes before at that time of year but would like to give Chamonix a go this year if possible.

Cheers
Mr Ted
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@mr ted, leave it till last minute. We've enjoyed terrific powder mid-Dec, we've also seen bare mountains. Accom shouldn't be an issue...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks, will do
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Agreed. I've been to Chamonix the week before Christmas a couple of times.

I've had great snow there that week in the past. But last year... it was Green with hikers up to Plan Praz at 2000m and I tore the edge out of my ski on a two fist size rock that was just under the surface of the piste down from the top of the Brevant. Needless to say I was cross, although now I find it quite ironic as I spend most my skiing off piste!

The GM was better in terms of cover but much of that was sheet ice.

This year I too have flights to Geneva on the 17th Dec but I'm waiting until the last minute before deciding where to go so I can assess the snow.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Question for those in the know, can you buy a Les Houches only lift pass?

I'm taking my beginner girlfriend to Les Houches in January for a long weekend, she will not want to tour the rest of the Chamonix valley (hence I won't get the chance to), so I'm reluctant to pay €162 for a 3 day Chamonix Le Pass!

Is there a reduced price Les Houches only pass?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@debtors#2, there is a LH pass, not sure it's much cheaper than the Le Pass.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://www.compagniedumontblanc.co.uk/en/site-overview/les-houches/rates
Three days 118euro.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think the piste by the ice rink is foc, not much good for someone who can already ski, but for the girlfriend its an idea...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for the advice folks, its much appreciated.

The FOC piste could be an idea, we arrive in resort at 2pm on a Friday so wouldn't want to pay for a full or even half day, it would give the OH a chance to get accustomed to the snow plough again lol.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy