Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France 2016-2017 :Alpe d'Huez, Oz, Vaujany, Villard, Auris

Poster: A snowHead
Cold, snowy and windy today. Looking forward to some sunny weather.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Started snowing again this afternoon.

snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the photos.
Can`t believe the difference between now and NY.
New snow tyres have arrived.
Heading off in 48 hrs !
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@jonty, Looks fantastic compared with 3 weeks ago Very Happy Next Tuesday for me Very Happy

@howiet, That's outside Bergers ?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, maybe around 5cm of snow last night.

A quick ski over to Auris as never really skied there before. Snow nice and not too busy.

snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
howiet wrote:
Yes, maybe around 5cm of snow last night.

A quick ski over to Auris as never really skied there before. Snow nice and not too busy.

In your lunch hour again I suppose rolling eyes
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Heading out (to Oz) tomorrow. Can't wait. Oz webcam looks sunny and snowy! snowHead I love Auris when the conditions are good - good for getting the legs going on those reds under the lifts, and then a bit more challenge on the Col de Cluy over the back.

@howiet, chains for the drive tomorrow afternoon, or not, do you think, given today's snow?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@rainman no chains required, roads fine now.

Sun is out, resort looks great.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The calm before the storm!

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looking forward to being part of the storm !

Departing in 3 hours. Snowing in my part of the UK though not settling.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fantastic conditions in AdH today - sunny, snow in good nick higher up, some good deeper stuff off to the sides near Vaujany.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We had a lovely couple of hours yesterday also. Skied sown to Alpette and surrounding areas.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Skied there yesterday we skied there Friday and Saturday the week before and the change was so drematic , even right at the top the snow had deteriorated with the warm conditions and refrozen . In contrast Les Duex Alps snow higher up was still very good .
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@bigtoe, hmm doesn't sound good. We're arrive next Saturday. Hope there's still something pleasant to ski! (Ah well, there's always the bars... and the views... ) More info any one please - keep it coming!

AR
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@bigtoe, hmm doesn't sound good. We're arrive next Saturday. Hope there's still something pleasant to ski! (Ah well, there's always the bars... and the views... ) More info any one please - keep it coming!

AR
ski holidays
Lovely and sunny today, still enjoying all the pistes. On the lift back up from Huez village, first time I've ever skied down!
latest report
Top of Signal

Making my way back from Huez village

Waiting for kids to finish in Villard Reculas!

snow report
@howiet, looks lovely! Especially the Leffe! We skied Sarenne as a family yesterday morning. It was a bit crisp higher up at times, but still lovely. The ski down to Oz at lunchtime was the best it's been all week - firm base with a softer layer on top.

The slopes would definitely benefit from some fresh snow, but they are doing a great job keeping them in good shape with a combo of cannons and grooming, particularly higher at AdH and in Vaujany. Felt a bit cooler yesterday, despite the brilliant sunshine.

Had a belting week. So sad to be home Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
@Arctic Roll, I'm sure it will all be fine, we just remembered all the fresh snow from 7 & 8 days before we had skied and played around on everywhere. The thurs and Friday of this week was very warm and southern slopes had obviously thawed and clear night temps drop to refreeze , if they have constant cold weather and extra snow/ cannons it'll def help it. @rainman, we skied Sarenne yesterday afternoon and agreed it was still very skiable , some places icy and some slushy . It was very warm.
We went part way down to oz on the blue , is it Collets or some thing like that ? Very pretty and yes snow not bad at all, we should of gone lower but thought at the time the snow up top would be the best! Obviously shade was the winner over hieght ! Had a great day there , enjoy next week
ski holidays
@bigtoe, good to hear. Was getting " OMG it's hot" reports from across the Tarantaise last week, so beginning to be a bit concerned.

It's been 20 years since I was last there, so looking forward to it. Not that I remember much about it, so I won't notice the improvements!
snow conditions
@Arctic Roll, 17 years since i was last there and yes quite a few changes however some of the old chairs are still there which are small and Slooooow, just chill and admire the view on them Smile Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Was in the Alpe today. Never skied snow so hard, like reinforced concrete. Lots of people struggling on the runs such as that down to Oz. Some quite big queues but the lift system copes pretty well

Snow cover isn't deep. About 30cm (measured by my own hand in places) on some of the resort home runs but the thaw doesn't set in until March at this altitude and they've got snowmaking everywhere. Still piles of man made on an icy base is an acquired taste but basically all the main south facing pistes are skiable with only one or two bare patches. Lots of moguls up on the glacier at the moment. Take care on any slopes in the shade until there is new snow.

Nice views though.
snow report
Just had an email from resort advising that they are hoping to host a new music festival(Tomorrowland - electronic dance I think) in the first week of April 2018. They are looking for accommodation owners who would like to become involved and you can be kept up to date by registering.

http://www.jbsurf.com/Internet/questionnaire2.aspx?PO=8&QU=195&QG=611&LC=FR[/img]
snow report
Been snowing in Les Arcs - anything in Alpe Dhuez this Friday?
latest report
Was snowing a little when I left tonight at 7pm. Definite change in temperature.
snow report
Skied over there yesterday with a friend who's skied there all her life. Cracking day, the sun was very hot. We got around a fair bit, Bergers, glacier, Sarenne, Auris, Vaujany, Fare, main Bowl above Bergers. Snow was pretty good although the rock hard moguls she insisted on taking me down weren't my favourites 😮 Skiing combined with an all day french lesson 😮
latest report
Sounds a great skiing partner! Can I have her number!
snow report
No 😉
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Been snowing in alpes dh for 20 hours straight, and it continues. Wednesday is going to be awesome!
snow report
Snow just about stopping.

ski holidays
This one is for @davidof!

ski holidays
I don't understand how snow-forecast expected 40cms last night, while today its snow report says there's just 5cms of new snow... Could anyone give a real, first-hand update? Thanks a lot Smile
snow report
Definitely more than 5 cms. I would say around 15cms but not had a good look round yet.
ski holidays
Il neige!

ski holidays
Nice day. Snow stopped about 10 ish, then sun til about 2.30. I'd estimate 20 cm on the upper slopes. However was too warm and a lot of it was lost in the village. On a positive note the freezing level dropped below the main town by 5pm and a wet drizzle turned to snow again. Settling on the roads, but only just,. Let's hope overnight tempos continue to drop.
As per page 1, leather outfits at bottom of Sarenne appreciated. ..
ski holidays
And now freezing line gone up, and there's a melt going on at village level. Dammit.
ski holidays
Light snow in the village this morning but snow at this altitude is very wet. Will be going a bit higher today to see what's what.
ski holidays
Hey, thanks a lot for the update! Yeah, some news about the slopes would be highly appreciated, it's hard to get an idea from far away Smile
ski holidays
@nobrainbcn, so if you know the resort, snow above DMC 1 is gorgeous, and the Tunnel was great. Fog lower down until about 2.30made for tricky conditions, and the warmth of the sun when it did break through has meant a lot of slush at rsort level. But overall we're a happy crew!

Am told that is likely to remain warm, so may continue ue to affect lower slopes . Sorry.
latest report
The talk amongst the locals today is about the snow coming from tomorrow afternoon Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy