Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes 2016/17 inc useful links

Poster: A snowHead
It's officially dumped loads here now and the forecast is for snow all day. Loads of avi blasting this morning. I've had a stomach bug and haven't been out for a couple of days. Will take a few more photos when I fight my way to the supermarket later. Skiing can wait until tomorrow. Quick shot from my window, you can just about see thé Diable black between the trees, it was bare earlier in the week.

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great photo Claude B, Hope things get better for you and you can go and play in it snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bluebird day but wickedly cold. -16ºC at 3200m but nearer -30 with windchill, it was howling. New snow is great but so cold that different wax would have helped. Off piste still a bit thin. Thuit is now open to the bottom, Valentine is much better with real snow and Fée is lovely now, especially the super resto there Smile

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Similar day today but according to my ESF Moniteur mate Lolo even colder. It certainly felt it, too cold tbh, forecast for -39ºC with windchill at 3600m, not that it was open up there. After a couple of hours trying to get some warmth into my hands i gave up. Due to warm up a bit over next few days thankfully 😃

Lolo and his partner skinned up Vallée Blanche yesterday. Not open yet they said it's thin with plenty of rocks. Needs another dump to open.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great piste conditions today but very thin in places including dirt, grass and gravel on the surface in places by lunch time. Really cold the last 3 days but the wind has abated today.
The resorts really quite which is helping the worn pistes but they really do need more snow.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Jerby, Thuit, Fée, etc? Some only opened a few days ago after thé récent snow.

No skiing for me today, kept warm. French lessons this afternoon.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Claude is skiing to La Grave open and if so how do we get back, was up glacier today and saw the Lauze drag was open.
Felt warmer today, though runs back to resort very scraped and icy in parts
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the info and recommendations:)

We arrive on Saturday for a week, so finger's crossed that the snow now forecast for after we leave will hit early!

Keep the info coming please.

Thanks
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Is it worthwhile bringing an extra snowboard with me for powder? Or is the off piste non existant at the moment?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Timbobaggins, Not open atm I went up to 3600m this afternoon. A few pisteurs up there though perhaps getting ready. Getting back, top t bar at La Grave then a short but hard uphill walk then its downhill the rest of the way back.

@flashback, Not really atm. My mate is an avid off piste boarder and this afternoon he tried a few bits on the glacier but it was wind blown crust. Lots of rocks just below too. I was on piste skis so didnt even try.

Lovely day though, much warmer and the snow is in beautiful condition.As ever more snow really needed.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks.

I guess I will decide last minute after checking how the weather looks to hit whilst we are there.

I've waxed both anyway, just a matter of scraping on Friday If I decide to take the bigger one.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Claude B, thanks, have decided to head to alpe d,huez, instead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Drove over to Auris and skied l'Alpe d'Huez today for a change. Had a great day, I thought the snow on piste was super and with the extra cannons probably the best conditions I've ever skied the Sarenne.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I was in Les 2 Alpes last week. Great sunny week but also very cold and windy in the first couple of days. Ski group lessons with Rod turned out to be private lessons tailored to my needs = whole mountain skiing and technique! Made massive improvements and also he's cool guy. Superb value for money!

Too bad the snow conditions outside the pistes were bad and that La Grave was closed due to wind. But nevertheless I've had powder skiing (Champagne powder) on Sunday and variant snow skiing (crust, crud snow) on Monday and Tuesday.

Valley Blanche was closed due to lack of snow and also some other pistes in the main area were closed due to same reason. Too bad that there were strong wind on Sunday, Monday in Tuesday which blown away all the powder snow from Friday and Saturday Sad...

I've also been in Alpe d'Huez but I didn't like it much. Sarenne was nice, but I think the snow was much better in Les 2 Alpes.

Good week.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Keep 'em coming - I am taking an increasing interest Very Happy
ski holidays
Arrive in les deux alpes on saturday, just wondering how the pistes are holding up out there? Now looks like a mainly dry week next week if i am reading the models correctly.

Not expecting much in the way of off piste but if i can cruise around on the piste in the sun i will be happy.
snow report
I haven't skied too much this week tbh will go up tomorrow. Getting pretty icy and one or two stones appearing. Snow definitely needed. 2600m above fine.
latest report
snowHead snowHead 2
snow report
Skied here yesterday getting pretty icy and thin in places. Light got flat then so I came down after just a couple of hours. I think some of Vallée Blanche is now open will investigate. It has got very busy suddenly too. Some day trippers judging by the stream of traffic leaving.

Snow forecast for later this week into the week-end. Very much needed.

I went over to Alpe d'Huez today. Equally as busy. Some very icy runs, down to Oz and the Bergers home run. We played over at Vaujany mostly which was much quieter and softened nicely.
snow report
@Claude B,

looks like you need a good dump, so to speak Puzzled rolling eyes

Have a great season & keep safe, you never know I/we might be able to get in a cheeky trip later this season Razz NehNeh
ski holidays
Hi all! I'm coming over to L2A on Saturday in a group of 6. Does anyone have any experience of Neilson? We booked through them but there's not many reviews etc of them for L2A. We have booked equipment hire and lessons too as part of our package.

I've been watching the snow forecast for months. They have consistently been forecasting snow for Thursday and Friday this week which would be ideal for us - can't wait now!
snow conditions
@Seabass90, Did Neilson L2A last Spring . . .very good experience overall - where are you staying . . .?
snow report
I think Neilson use European Ski School who I'd recommend anyway. All praying for snow atm.
latest report
Belch wrote:
@Seabass90, Did Neilson L2A last Spring . . .very good experience overall - where are you staying . . .?

Great to know! Les Lutins? Came recommended from a friend.
snow report
Claude B wrote:
I think Neilson use European Ski School who I'd recommend anyway. All praying for snow atm.

I thought so. Thanks Claude
snow conditions
Les Lutins is fine, really central. It's very french, the bar is frequented by a lot of locals. I have stayed there a couple of times but not for many years, it's still in the same family.
ski holidays
@Seabass90,

Yes Neilson use ESS who are good (with kids as well as adults) . . .think the package uses the ski hire shop below the Aalborg (where we stayed) which is not so good (compared with places like Jacques Sports around the corner - the best)

If you do use their service and its from the Aalborg make sure you take out their insurance on all rentals as they have a rep for charging for the slightest knock / damage etc . . .

Enjoy!
ski holidays
Belch wrote:
@Seabass90,

Yes Neilson use ESS who are good (with kids as well as adults) . . .think the package uses the ski hire shop below the Aalborg (where we stayed) which is not so good (compared with places like Jacques Sports around the corner - the best)

If you do use their service and its from the Aalborg make sure you take out their insurance on all rentals as they have a rep for charging for the slightest knock / damage etc . . .

Enjoy!

Thanks Belch - will do.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Seabass90 wrote:
Hi all! I'm coming over to L2A on Saturday in a group of 6. Does anyone have any experience of Neilson? We booked through them but there's not many reviews etc of them for L2A. We have booked equipment hire and lessons too as part of our package.

I've been watching the snow forecast for months. They have consistently been forecasting snow for Thursday and Friday this week which would be ideal for us - can't wait now!

We love Neislon. Currently in Montgenevre on our second ski holiday (but 4th overal) with them.
Last year we stayed at the Chalet Alexandre in L2A. Loved every minute of it.
We also booked ski hire and lessons as a package. All seamless and no problems.
ESS were brilliant and we learnt a hell of a lot and progressed well with them.
ski holidays
I have it on good authority there is up to 5cm on the mountain, none in resort. Shrouded in cloud above 200m and light snow forecast all day. No skiing for me today though.
latest report
@Claude B, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Blue sky day and the fresh snow above about 2000m has really freshened things up. All the pistes are in better condition barring Thuit which was shocking, refrozen crud, it's pretty low. A lot of snow forecast for the next few days with the freezing point creeping down to 1000m. Just in time for the French holidays which start Saturday. It's reasonably busy this week with lots of Easter Europeans and French beating next week's crowds.
ski holidays
Thought Easter was later in the year Puzzled
snow conditions
@KenX, bloody auto correct 😋
snow report
Although it wasn't forecast it's really windy here, higher lifts are closed. Clouds are moving in and there are a few spots of rain in resort. Expecting à lot of rain turning to snow tonight, all snow above 2000m.

I'm sitting inside waiting for BUT to turn up with my new bed settee.
snow conditions
@Claude B,
I can vouch for the high winds today so windy I literally got blown off my feet and out of my skis to land on my shoulder ouch. Result was a trip to the medical centre and I now have two feuille de sons forms that I need to send off or hand in. Years ago my niece had an injury in Meribel and handed the form in there. Is there a place to hand the forms in Les 2 Alpes or is it a post job?
snow conditions
@Cat66, ouch, I don't know I'm afraid. Try the tourist office next to the Jandri Express, they will know.

Has snowed overnight and there has been blasting this morning. Blue sky too 😃 Will go up a little later.
latest report
Went up reasonably early (for me) and skied for about 4 hours. Last nights snow was really nice, I guess 20cm or so but the wind was still howling and was stripping thé snow away in places. Now snowing down in resort 😃 Little photo I took today in Bellecombe area.

latest report
Hi all (and of course Claude B - really useful thread and love the piccies) We're going to ClubMed next (i.e. Not this) Sunday but due to my total incompetence I've just noticed that I've booked Eurotunnel for Saturday am so will be in resort a day early. Plus side is an extra day's skiing Very Happy down side is nowhere booked to stay/eat at the moment.
I guess I could try and book into ClubMed a day early and I'll phone them tomorrow, but this does give us a chance to sample L2A village on Saturday night so looking for some recommendations if possible on
a) place to stay next Saturday night (4 of us two adults and two teenagers)
b) place to eat
c) parking for car for week- ClubMed apparently doesn't have any parking
Already picked up on Jacques Sports as best ski hire place so thanks for that.
Cheers
latest report
@Doccam, I think it will be difficult to find somewhere to stay tbh. French holidays start tomorrow and the resort will be rammed. My suggestion if you draw a blank here is to stop in Grenoble overnight. Or you could try Bourg d'Oisans which is closer and you could ski here or Alpe d'Huez.

There is free covered parking at L2A 1800 which is where Club Med is situated. Parking is always difficult in the French holidays though.

Jaques Sports is good but a long way from Club Med. Not really an issue with car though.

My friend Lolo is full time Esf instructor for Club Med so you may get him. Excellent English, skier and instructor.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy