Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Double Ski Bag

Poster: A snowHead
Can anybody reccomend a good double ski bag with wheels?
I want to fit 1 set of skis poles, boots, helmet and some clothes and take the rest as hand luggage.
What is maximum dimension(s) that can be taken as standard luggage?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think each airline is slightly different with bulky luggage. I think BA and some others will allow ski bags so long as you are within your weight limit, but most will charge for a ski bag.

I can recommend the Dakine Fall Line double. We have the 190cm version.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@hammerite,
Thanks- my skis are only 160cm so I've been looking at:
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/easy2travel-snowboard-bag-id_8317192.html
I think these are 165 long but have an extension which allowas 185 skis.
I've been told there is a max LxWxH that some airlines allow as baggage but its hard to find info.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@hammerite,
BA does have a length limit of I 190. My bag helpfully has the length of 195 printed on it. A kind hearted BA member of staff pointed this out once and suggested that I remove the label.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@edwardsnde,

BA size limit is here
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@edwardsnde, we have a longer version of that Decathlon bag too (3 of us so need 2 bags). It's a really good quality bag.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@musher,
Thanks the bags I've been looking at is 185x24x35 cm which is well iside BA limit 190 x 75 x 65cm
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@edwardsnde,
I've got an Evoc snow roller as at the time I bought it I had 196's. I just got some new 195's from Jon so glad I did get a big one. The Fall Line Double mentioned above is a popular and reasonably priced option.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Douchebags seem very nice https://douchebags.com/ski-snowboard-bag-the-douchebag - I don't own one, but my buddy does.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've got a Dakine Fall Line Double 190... it actually measures longer but the label on the bag says 190.. Fits my 189cm skis, poles, boots, helmets, clothes etc easily.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have a Dakine fall line double bag also and for short ski's it's a PITA and i would not recommend it, there is no internal strapping to hold the ski's or anything to keep it rigid, so the bag folds at the end of the ski's and becomes a real pain to drag over any distance.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My triple wheeled ski bag is 197 x 20 x 37, and have flown BA loads of times without any issues.

A top tip for packing multiple skis in a bag is to strap them binding to binding, rather than base to base. This makes the pair take up less room, and should form a more rigid 'structure'.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Search for coffin ski bag:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=coffin+ski+bag

...and try images.

eg: £59.95
https://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/V/Mountain_Pac_Wheelie_Double_Ski_Snowboard_Bag_Long_180cm_Black-(9490)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lewisb22 wrote:
I've got a Dakine Fall Line Double 190... it actually measures longer but the label on the bag says 190.. Fits my 189cm skis, poles, boots, helmets, clothes etc easily.

I also have this and whole heartedly recommend. Simultaneously fits 190 and 194cm skis + boots + poles + avalanche kit + ski clothes + a week or two of normal clothes.

It also comes in a 175cm version if you have short skis.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@clarky999, How much does it weigh when packed like that? The skis, boots, avalanche kit, must be in the region of 15kg plus 3.6kg for the bag.
ski holidays
Thanks altis,

I've had a look at the Moutain Pac wheelie bag, its a tempting price but its only 17cm high so would not take a helmet.
snow report
@edwardsnde, I wouldn't put my helmet in a ski bag, as it would be wedged between the top and bottom of the bag, so it is basically going to take the full load of any bags piled on top of it.
snow report
@PowderAdict, Thanks, I hadnt thought of that. I've just ordered a bag from Decathalon -for ~£80
I live ~4 miles from Decathlon store in Coventry so its easy for me to collect. I don't trust the post this close to Christmas and I want to go skiing in the new year.
snow report
PowderAdict wrote:
@clarky999, How much does it weigh when packed like that? The skis, boots, avalanche kit, must be in the region of 15kg plus 3.6kg for the bag.

I got everything for 3 and a bit weeks in Japan (other than electrical stuff which went in my backpack/hand luggage) in to it at under 30kg total (think I had 32kg allowance). That was with only one pair of bindings quiver killered for both pairs of skis though, and Cochise Pro Light boots.
ski holidays
@PowderAdict, in our Fall Line double we pack x2 skis and poles, a pair of boots and enough clothes to keep everything from moving around. It gets close to 20kg but I could probably get more in.
ski holidays
@clarky999, could you lift it? Shocked I can sneak mine onto Easyjet at just over 20kg (3x skis, 2x poles, avi kit) but I struggle to carry it any distance at that weight. I'm not sure I could lift 32kg on to my back*

*I appreciate that most people are bigger than me, but 32kg is still a fair weight to lift.
snow report
@clarky999, 30kg makes sense, I couldn't see how you could make 20-23kg.

@hammerite, I can get 3 sets of powder skis 180-190cm, all with bindings and poles, just under the BA 23kg limit. I guess the extra pair of skis is around 5kg, which equates to your boots and clothes.
snow report
edwardsnde wrote:
@PowderAdict, Thanks, I hadnt thought of that. I've just ordered a bag from Decathalon -for ~£80

Got one and just done its first trip with one pair of skis, boots and other bits and bobs. Large wheels make it v stable.
latest report
Scarlet wrote:
@clarky999, could you lift it? Shocked I can sneak mine onto Easyjet at just over 20kg (3x skis, 2x poles, avi kit) but I struggle to carry it any distance at that weight. I'm not sure I could lift 32kg on to my back*

*I appreciate that most people are bigger than me, but 32kg is still a fair weight to lift.

It has wheels! Can lift when necessary (i.e. onto train or similar though).
ski holidays
PowderAdict wrote:
@clarky999, 30kg makes sense, I couldn't see how you could make 20-23kg.

Definitely no way to get 2 pairs of skis + everything else in under 23kg, but I've done shorter weeks with that as sole checked luggage (and only one pair of skis) under 23kg too.
latest report
Usually travel with a large or double wheeled snowboard bag (picked up a Ride 176 last year about £35 from memory) - varying types on EBay or Google from time to time cheap enough, new or 2hand. Take 2 pairs skis or 2 boards (with heavy bindings) or 1 of each, plus lids, some clothing, bits & bobs and at well under 23kg. Couldn't personally do 2 sets without hold luggage too, but I don't / can't travel light unless have good cabin allowance.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy