Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go end of next week?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a four-day weekend at the end of next week so I decided to go skiing with my girlfriend.

Glacier area...but where? I'm leaning towards Austria...would you pick Stubai, Hintertux or Sölden? (I've never been to the latter). Sölden snow looks best and driving times from Brussels are similar.

Assuming Zermatt would be expensive...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
horizon wrote:
I have a four-day weekend at the end of next week so I decided to go skiing with my girlfriend.

Glacier area...but where? I'm leaning towards Austria...would you pick Stubai, Hintertux or Sölden? (I've never been to the latter). Sölden snow looks best and driving times from Brussels are similar.

Assuming Zermatt would be expensive...

Quote from weathertoski.co.uk. "All eight Austrian glaciers are open and in pretty good condition, with the best skiing probably in Hintertux and Kaprun. The other areas are Mölltal, Pitztal, Kaunertal, Sölden, Stubai and Dachstein. "
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not sure if your trip coincides with Solden's WC racing - but check their website! I'm not sure about skiing restrictions viz that but one would assume there are some.
Also check the total piste distance available on the glaciers. i don't know but some of them may be quite small - an issue if there is no snow lower down.
A bit of a schlep but because Austria is relatively small and there will be no pressure on accommodation you could check out the possibility of skiing one glacier for two days, and transferring late afternoon/evening to another.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@suec, thanks, just checked and it seems to be this weekend, I can have a look to see what conditions look like!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I skied Hintertux and Pitztal last weekend and would agree that checking the number of pistes open is a good idea. Pitztal is really very small compared to 'tux.

Soelden and Hintertux currently have similar amounts of piste open currently, ~30km.

Be careful if thinking about moving from one Glacier to another, the driving time from Soelden to Hintertux is ~2.5 hours.

One drawback with Soelden is that until the winter ski area is open you have to drive a long way up the hill every day from the village (or you can stay in Hochsoelden which is closer).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy