Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Innsbruck to Fulpmes Daily

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to to do a trip to Fulpmes for 6/7 days from 26th December so my son can join his race club for some training. The added complication is I need to do this as cheaply as possible. Flights are proving not too bad with EZY from EDI to MUC but as expected there is little or no accommodation available in Fulpmes on those dates and any apartments I've looked at are all Saturday to Saturday so not fitting with our schedule. I can get the Hilton in Innsbruck using HHonors points and according to Google Maps it is around a 20 minute journey. Even the Winterbus Stubaital only shows a journey time of 30 minutes.

The question I have for those familiar with the area is this; is it practical to do this daily? I'm also curious as to what a taxi might cost as there may be days/evenings when we might want to stay on with friends who are staying in Fulpmes at that time.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In March 2015 we paid €50 for a taxi from Fulpmes to Innsbruck Airport for 3 people.

We've done the bus journey too - it's easy & pleasant enough.

There's also a local train (think it may be a funicular or narrow gauge as opposed to a normal service??) that runs from Innsbruck & terminates at Fulpmes. That could be worth checking out.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is a tram up from Innsbruck in the summer
Sorry don't know if it runs in the winter though
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Think it's a normal city tram that goes from Innsbruck main station to Fulpmes. The one with STB on the display on the front. For some reason I thought the terminus stop was a bit of a trek from the lifts, but I've never been that way. Bus may or may not be more convenient.
I'd imagine it takes about 20-30mins.
By car, I think there's a tiny toll if you go up the Brenner autobahn and turn off, but you can stay on the wiggly old road for free.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep, tram goes all year, and I'm pretty sure you'd need a bus to the lifts at the other end too.

Do you mean the Hilton by the Hauptbahnhof? If so you'd be right where the busses go from.

With car it's easy, but you have to pay €3 each way over the Europabrucke, and the old road @andy mentions takes quite a lot longer!

Overall... Well it's certainly not ideal and after a few days probably will feel like a bit of a hassle, but it's easy enough and definitely practical. Taxi less so from a cost perspective.

Did you check any other towns in Stubaital (Schönberg, Neustift)? If you have a car there should be a bunch of hotels/BnBs/apartments/gasthofs/etc scattered around the whole valley. Maybe check airBnB?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks All

Yes @clarky999, 6 or 7 days of doing it may be a bit draining. Crying or Very sad airBnB didn't have much at all. All seemed to be near Innsbruck. I'll check some of the other towns but sites like Booking.com and Hotels.com are showing very little availability. Are there any other sites that are dood for hotels in the region that are worth looking at?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Stubai glacier website has accommodation searches covering the whole valley Gaza. We've booked on there before:

https://www.stubaier-gletscher.com/en/
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Gaza, +1 for Neustift nice, large village 7km away - usually got reasonably priced range of accommodation, particularly away from centre.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Gaza, +1 for Neustift nice, large village 7km away - usually got reasonably priced range of accommodation, particularly away from centre.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@mountainaddict, thanks. I've checked there and there are only 5 properties showing as available and most of them are almost as far away as the Hilton. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've done this journey lots - love Innsbruckm and Fulpmes (or Schlick 2000 as ski area is known) is my favourite nearby resort.
The tram journey is really good fun. Great scenery and it's amazing to leave the city streets behind and head up into the snowy hills. It takes a while though - exactly an hour if memory serves. Could be a drag every day. We often take the tram up in the morning, and come back on the free ski bus to Innsbruck (5pm) which only takes about 25 mins.
The walk from Fulpmes tram to the ski area takes 12 mins (I've timed it!), and is easy enough but involves some uphill. There are free shuttle buses from the tram to the ski area that we've caught before if there's one there waiting.
HTH.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy