Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Binding mount on White Dot preachers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there - my partner is in the middle of changing bindings on a set of 191cm Preacher carbonlites. They had been mounted with a pair of Marker Dukes set at centre. For various reasons decided to change to Marker Tour 12 EPFs. The ski tech at the local shop has phoned saying that the Tour 12s need a separate drill pattern and therefore will have to be mounted either 1cm forward or 1cm back of centre. Unfortunately he has already removed the old bindings and filled in the holes so there seems to be no way back!

His recommendation was to mount them 1cm back. My partner likes skiing backwards at times although generally prefers to go forwards. Any advice welcome!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@motatapu, I would have thought that if a 1cm difference on a 191cm ski makes a massive difference they must be almost impossible to ski on, as any movement fore/aft would unbalance them. How close is the centre mount to the centre of the ski? If there is much more ski to the front I would go 1cm forward.

I am sure the White Dot Preacher experts will be along to confirm what is best.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dead centre does seem pretty far forwards, even a forward biased mounting is usually a couple of cm back from true centre. The only dead centre ones I've come across have been park skis.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi there, my account seems to be playing up but feel free to drop me a line at paul@whitedotskis.com and we can chat about some options Smile

For a start I'm sure you mean 189cm preachers, but do you mean ski centre or our FR point? Anyway, feel free to drop me a line for a chat!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
First off any decent tech knows that the mounting patterns are different so if you're changing bindings to save weight then you needed the standard F12 as it would have gone in to the existing holes.
You should have been advised off this from the get go so I'd start by having a go at the shop.

Next, it's a straightforward job to carefully drill out the plugs and re-use the same holes providing the tech hasn't drilled out the existing holes to fit the plugs - this is a no-no but is often done to save time.

If the existing holes are too big then the holes can be enlarged and the bindings mounted with Quiver Killers. If you go that route take them to Scott at Blues as he knows his stuff.

The longest Preachers are 189cm and the best mounting location for all mountain use is bang on the FR line so if they have been mounted on the centre line then that's your get out as mounting on the FR would give sufficient seperation.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy