Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sauzfe D'oulx at Christmas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hiya just looking for any recommendations or information We have been looking at Sauze d'Oulx for CHristmas this year. Family of 2 adults and 2 children. We quite like the Hotel Splendid, I am aware of the hike uphill on arrival rolling eyes but was wondering how far away the ski schools etc are

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You have to walk from the coach and back when you keave, but to get to piste From the hotel you walk accross the road and though what looks like a back garden, this is only about 50 metres, and you are then on the piste, you then ski down to the lift, ...on your way back make sure you remember where to stop.... If you have young kids then going down into the village for beer might not be a plan, the hotel bar is good for families, the food is not fantastic but its ok. ... Take your boots upto the room as there is no boot warming in the ski storage area..
Might not be a lot of snow there at xmas though...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There was none there last Christmas and new year. Chantemerle (which is close part of the Briancon area and) despite no snow had 40kms of piste open for the Christmas New Year.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies. Yes I'm a little worried about lack of snow but It's the only week we can holiday together so can't change the date unfortunately. We are looking at Sestriere region too. Thanks
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sestriere is a higher resort and having stayed at both resorts at different times, the conditions have always been better each time in Sestriere. Although I like the village better in Sauze at that time of year I'd opt for higher ground.

Last time we stayed at Sauze (with kids) we stayed at Hotel Hermitage which was a great location for ski to door - conditions permitting and if kids can ski red slopes.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Solden always has snow... They even have the world cup race there in november i think .. We did xmas family trip there and it was fun ..
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Last time we did xmas skiing we went to la plagne with silverski... Ski to door stuff, decent snow
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
IMO the only Hotel worth considering in Sauze is the Stella Alpina.

Location is the best in town with an even better service from the owners.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wilip wrote:
IMO the only Hotel worth considering in Sauze is the Stella Alpina.

Location is the best in town with an even better service from the owners.

+1
And they have a lovely Twitter/Instagram feed!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
How about the Orso Bianco up the slopes in Sportinia? It is where the ski school meets and very reasonable. If you dont mind being out of the village- though the hotel and next door should be full so there will be people about- it is perfect. Failing that i highly recommend Hotel Sauze. The reviews are excellent and the manager Francesco is so helpful. It may be late to get decent diy flights but it is worth speaking to him before booking with a TO. Hope this helps
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy