Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New toys - fitting bindings?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This summer, I treated myself to a pair of last year's Head Worldcup Rebel iSLs, in a 165. I have rambled for ages about how much I love these things over all other "consumer race" carvers, including my next two favourites - the Salomon X-Race and Rossi ST Hero Elite. However, the Heads have always been big money compared to the offers you could find on the other two, so I never got around to buying any of them. Until I found a brand new pair for £300 including bindings. Cheap, as the new models, with new graphics, came out this season.

They came with bindings, but not fitted. I am pretty confident fitting my own bindings into conventional skis, but have never dealt with a raceplate and it looks...a bit flimsy, if I'm honest. I think these skis have a slightly rubbish plastic things rather than the burlier item fitted to the proper FIS spec skis, the iSL RD. So, experts - how do I best fit the bindings to these? What screws to use, what adhesive etc? Frankly, I think I shall send them off, as I can't seem to find instructions/guidance anywhere. But if one of you SHers happens to know about these skis and their plates, perhaps ypou could give me a steer?

Here they are, in all their appalling '80's graphics loveliness.

Head Rebel skis by baconrashers, on Flickr
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The screws should come with the bindings.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rjs wrote:
The screws should come with the bindings.

+1

Firstly check the screws attaching the plates to the ski are tight as they're often not (see below for how tight).

The holes are labelled for your boot sole length.

No adhesive required.

Don't over torque the screws. Technically the torque is 4.5Nm = turn screw with a 6" no.3 pozi screwdriver until it stops then give it a quarter turn nip up.

Set forward pressure at the rear of your heel. Will probably be right straight out of the box. Here's how to check/adjust: http://theskimonster.com/blog/posts/how-to-adjust-your-tyrolia-ski-bindings/

Set dins front & rear.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Harry Flashman, At least you appear to have some 'proper' skis in the corner wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks chaps! Have a torque screwdriver so can do this. So I assume the point of all of this is you can easily change the binding for different boot sizes etc. Nice.

@Powderaddict Smile Those are mine and Lady F's Preachers lurking in the background, mine particularly stickered up and battered after much time boshing around in all conditions. I absolutely love them - but for fairly obvious reasons can't hold a candle to the Heads on piste (very little can, in my humble opinion). I have rediscovered cranked over slalom turns since falling back in love with piste carvers last year...

Rest assured. My trip to Utah at Christmas involves the Worldcup Rebels...and the Preachers. Let's hope I mount these bindings properly and don't kill myself, eh?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy