Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting around 3V

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I was planning on heading out to La Tania a few days before the season officially starts on 10th Dec. Altibus doesn't start it's service until 10th - does anyone know of any other bus services that might be running between La Tania, Moutieres and Val Thoren? I'd like to get a cheap supermarket shop in and maybe get over to Val Thoren for a day of early skiing.

Someone on here mentioned that hitching between resorts was ok but my only experience of this is mates getting stranded in Tignes once and a 'friendly driver' charging them €120 for a lift back to La Daille!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
According to google:

Belle Savoie Express T5 to moutiers then T3 to val thorens no idea on times
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kelse
Not much in the line of bus services outside of the main season. Even if you can make it down to Bozel there is only one bus a day down to Moutiers which is the school bus, leaves at 06:55 and returns when the schools finish.

Probably better to rent a car outside of the winter and summer seasons.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You will also find that there is essentially nothing open in La Tania until the season starts. Le Praz will be a bit more lively, and is walkable from La Tania.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stay in VT.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It is extremely unlikely that the links to VT from Courcheval will be open that early.

As others say if you want to ski VT that early stay in VT.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've been going to VT for many years the first or second week december and can't remember the links being open.

If you stay in La Tania then rent a car, otherwise stay in VT.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all for great advice as always. I'm in La Tania for the season was just wondering about going a bit early.. not the best idea by the sounds of it!

While I have your attention, does anyone know if the free bus still links to Meribel? I read somewhere that it does but doesn't run during school holidays.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
no free bus to meribel, they stopped the holiday one too now (was last season).

There will be some activity pre-season in la tania, ski lodge will be open 2nd dec
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
That's good news, beer and wifi!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy