Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Binding fault

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

I've bought some bindings and one has a default. If you look at the photo you can see a section of the plastic that is 'smudged', it's clearly a manufacturing fault. This means the disc will not sit correctly.

I am considering making a minor alteration, or repair, to remove the extra plastic to make it useable. I'll probably gently remove the plastic with a file, and hopefully open up the grooves.

The question is should I attempt the repair or send them back to the shop?

To bear in mind. Is this safe?, I would lose any warranty.... and lastly, these are a 2016 set of Malavitas that only cost £114!

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Spanglepants, If it's in warranty send them back ?

Otherwise I wonder of the 'smuge' will lift off with some persuasion as I doubt they didn't come out of the mould like that. Maybe an artifact that's become attached from a sprue or similar.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think you're probably right, I'll send them back. I could attempt a repair and screw it up!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Burton are usually pretty good with warranty issues - don't try to fix them yourself but go back to to the shop or contact Burton.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spanglepants wrote:
Hello all,

I've bought some bindings and one has a default. If you look at the photo you can see a section of the plastic that is 'smudged', it's clearly a manufacturing fault.

No, it's not. That, as anyone who has been around injection moulded products will tell you, is post manufacture.

If it doesn't interfere with you settings turn a blind eye, if it does send it back under warranty.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy