Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pre booking ski carriage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is it worth paying £15 for this service or should I take the chance. Booked through Airtours and travelling with Mytravel airways???
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The worst thing that can happen is that your skis aren't loaded.
The best thing that can happen is that they don't charge you.

Send me the £15 and I'll tell you which is most likely to happen.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And inbetween they'll probably have the other common option: they'll load your skis if you pay £30, i.e. double the pre-booked rate.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just come back with airtours - they were checking each ticket to see if you had paid ski carriage as it's written on them - and if you hadn't they were sending you to the airtours desk to pay the charge - and making you queue for checkin all over again...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
At least Airtours pretty much always takes the skis. For scheduled airlines, making sure skiers and their skis will arrive together for their holiday ain't necessarily a priority....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Talking of this reminds me when we sat in our plane at Gatwick 10 days ago waiting for some late boarders to get on the plane. Staring out of the window bored watching a luggage truck hurtle its way across the tarmac. And predictably, someone's bag fell off. The lady in front of us saw this as well and we were craning our necks to check the luggage wasn't coming to our plane! It would have been someone's skiing gear bag as there were skis on the truck as well. Well we watched and we waited, and trucks went past it and people walked past it and nobody took a blind notice of it. 'Not my problem mate'. Finally a truck did stop, a guy got out, looked at the bag and moved it 5 feet off the driveway bit........

It was still there as we taxied off. So if anyone's red luggage bag didn't turn up at their destination on Sat 14 Jan you know what happened to it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Airtouurs always check on your tickets that you've pre paid for ski carriage. It gets even worse if you check in really early and have to wait for a couple of hours for the tour operators desk to open if you haven't paid up front, and yes, as stated by RobW, they will charge you more.

It's not worth the hassle of not paying, as My Travel have really become very sharp checking that all ski carriage is pre-paid. They never checked on the way back though, so if your buying skis in resort you should be OK.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They seem to be getting tighter lately. I don't pre-book and take a chance, and have only been charged twice, but then ryanair and easyjet make it up as they go along I think. Got charged once on the way out, and once on another trip coming home, but its easier to stomach if you only paid £30 return in the first place, and worth a gamble in my view. If I was going charter though, I'd just stump up the £15 I think.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Phoned them. Too late to pre book and said I'd have to pay at the desk
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
On flybe a few weeks ago we just put three pairs of skis into one snowboard bag and just paid carriage for one bag! It wasn't questioned. We've done similar on Ryanair!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Manda wrote:
At least Airtours pretty much always takes the skis. For scheduled airlines, making sure skiers and their skis will arrive together for their holiday ain't necessarily a priority....

Flew BA to Whislter 2 years ago. Baggage system at LHR failed just as I arrived at check-in. they took the ski's away on a trolley. After a 2 hrs delay to get checked in, when we arrived at Vancouver all the skis from that trolley had not arrived. However:

The BA desk at Vancouver knew about the problem, and called us by name to go to see them before we had even realised they had not arrived. They gave us hire vouchers for a ski shop in Whistler, we got good skis until ours arrived and they delivered the skis to our hotel around 11.00pm the next day.

And they didn't charge for ski carriage.

I've also flown BA in Europe for skiing, and never had to pay and the skiis have always arrived.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy