Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Diamir or Marker Touring bindings?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Please can I have your opinion on these bindings

Looking at:

Marker F12

Or

Diamir Eagle 12

Or

Diamir Freeride Pro

I can get any of the above for about the same price, there is £20.00 in it!

They will be maintained on a 100mm to 100mm underfoot ski.

I don't require the lightweight objective as the skinning is only half days so 3 or 5 hours max.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
roche1800 wrote:
.........I don't require the lightweight objective as the skinning is only half days so 3 or 5 hours max..........

Feck me you're hardcore if a half day for you is only 3 or 5 hours max Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Marker every time
Only marginal advantage of Diamirs is that you can switch from touring to skiing mode without removing your boot
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arno wrote:
Marker every time....

+1.

If you've got tech inserts in your boots then you can get a Beast 16 or 14 for nigh on the same price wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Marker. I've used both, the f12 ski almost the same as an alpine binding. With the fritchi it's hard to get the same direct feel. However if you're skinning for 5 hours then a pin binding would be the way to go.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Arno wrote:
Marker every time
Only marginal advantage of Diamirs is that you can switch from touring to skiing mode without removing your boot

This - go Marker if you want to ski most, go pin tech of you skin a lot, go Fritschi (other than Vipec) if you care about neither.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Markers. Diamirs are not very pleasant to ski on hardpack. Markers will ski pretty much like a normal alpine binding. But 5 hours a day is a lot of skinning, I only ever skinned that much when training in resort or doing two days tours and staying overnight in huts; and if this is what you are planning to do get a proper touring set, with lightweight technical bindings like Dynafits. After two hours of climb you will notice every extra gramm on your feet, and weight slows you down, if you are in alpine environment away from resorts and planning to get back the same day, speed is crucial as conditions become more dangerous from afternoon.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy