Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowbizz or Neilson ??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Please help me decide between the two... We are family of 4, inc 2 and 7 year old. Neilson are £300 more expensive but this does include food!

Snowbizz
Mid Jan
+ lovely small resort in PSV and I like the personal touch. The childcare seems smaller which will please my kids (and me).
- we will be fined for taking child out of school.

Neilson - Chalet Aarlborg Les Deux Alpes
13th December - how snowsure is snowsure in L2A? Is this to early
+ No fine from the school if we pick this date
+ No cooking Happy

Has anyone been to both, what did you prefer? I've heard amazing things regarding snowbizz childcare but not so much regarding Neilsons.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not wanting to confuse you further but have you looked at Easter weeks - no fine from school and warmer days for the youngsters? We got a good deal with Esprit for week beginning 16th April. Food included Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@wonderwoman, After doing a lot of Internet searching for just the right experience for our girls to learn to ski, me n mine are off to PSV with Snowbizz on 8th January.
We have two six year old girls and chose Snowbizz for the same reasons you mention above. They really do give a personal service for the children with small classes, British 'pink lady' teaching assistants (9.30 -1.00) and evening kids club (6.00-8.00). Also the ski passes are quite cheap and they seem to have good prices for private adult lessons too. Another thing that sold them to us is that although they've been going since the eighties they still only operate (as a family business) out of PSV.
I don't know if it still stands but one child went free as part of an earybird booking saving us nearly £500.

We submitted a formal request to take them out of school highlighting the benefits of such a trip to young children, which was granted but I realise different heads are going to have their own opinions. That said even with a fine it would be cheaper for us than going in the holidays.
I get the feeling from the stuff I've read on TO sites like Nielsons that they're probably fine if your children can already ski and would be having advancement lessons. But if not then Snowbizz are the ones who're going to make it a really fun experience for them.

On the food side of things we prefer to self cater as it means we can eat when we want. I've been to quite a few 'catered' chalets and whilst it's nice not to have to wash up I have yet to be blown away by the gastronomy of any.

I hope this helps . I realise I've prattled on a bit.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
This really helped thank you. You have confirmed my thoughts regarding snowbizz.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We have been to PSV 3 times when the kids were younger. The childcare was fantastic. A really nice touch also was the owner of snowbizz Was at the bottom of the slopes after every session to welcome the children back and be there to answer any questions from worried parents. we loved it there.
Just be aware it's a long winding climb on the coach up to resort. A few children, including one of mine were travel sick.
Great choice
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you decide to go down the snowbizz route here's a link to a thread I had running recently which had a lot of helpful responces

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=126864

Also did a quick thread search

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/search.php?mode=results
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I haven't done the Neilson option in Les Deux Alpes but can certainly recommend Snowbizz. It is a long time since our trip but it is still run by the same family so I doubt it will have changed much. I thought the Snowbizz childcare was exceptional. They pick their staff very carefully and are able to as they are only in one resort. Our daughter was just 3 at the time (doing 1 hours ski school per day) and had a very happy holiday indeed.

We booked accommodation only with Snowbizz and went by sleeper train (Briancon line which was under threat - not sure if still running or not). The train stopped at a tiny station at the foot of the mountain making the transfer only about 15 minutes from what I can remember. I do not remember the road up being too bad. I expect the comment above about travel sickness relates to the longer journey from Turin if you come by plane.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy