Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra in January

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Right usual caveats to begin, I'm aware nothing is guaranteed and things vary season to season (we went out the first week of January to france last year)

That out the way, if I book a week in grandvalira starting on the 7th Jan, am I likely to be disappointed if I want to ski every day, or is there generally an acceptable amount of snow?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously no guarantees but I'm pretty certain you'll be fine. Even if the weather doesn't provide, the snow making in Grandvalira are extensive and amongst the best out there.

We went in Jan last year after the poor start to the season snow-wise and had unseasonally warm temperatures (it was April like weather!!) but the snow coverage was fantastic and ski conditions were amazing. We had a brilliant time!!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fantastic thank you. I guess I just wanted confirmation that it wasn't a terrible plan.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was in Pas de La Casa from Jan 16th 2007 for a week. The only snow was ALL man made and I skied on a thin strip of it for the whole week in a small circuit. Good thing was I met my partner there that week and am still with her! Very happy.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Right, but the 2006-7 season was by far the worst in the last 10 years in this neck of the wood. I still have nightmares about it!

Typically, there is plenty of snow on-piste in early Jan but you might well find (because it's par for the course in the Pyrenees at that specific time of year) that you're in the middle of a stubborn high-pressure phase which will mean no top-ups but plenty of sunshine.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've skied in Andorra for the last 10 years, for 3 weeks each seaon, I have had knee deep powder everyday at Christmas & New Year, and easter! Also skied early December, along some Russian people in bikini's & speedos, as it was so warm.

Conditions vary every season, as they do most places, but I have always managed to ski. We spent a week in Andorra, January 2013/14 season, had a great week, flew from there to France, and it was more suitable for golf than skiing, for the 1st few days.

I learned to ski in 2006/7 and have never had conditions like that since.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy