Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski school Madonna Di Campiglio

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I hope you have your winter fun already booked Very Happy
I am looking to take my brother skiing next season for his very first time. (Feb 04) I have chosen Madonna Di Campiglio as the resort to take him.
I love Italy and I think this will be a great place for him to start.
My question is, generally on the first few mornings at which lift do the beginner ski schools meet? I am looking into accommodation and I would like to be near a suitable lift.

Kind regards

DJ
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hey there

I can't help you on Madonna but from looking on the maps I can see you're only about 35 mins away from Snozone in Castleford. Having been a beginner last year I can't recommend enough lessons in the UK first. By having lessons here we maximized our time on the slopes and rather than side stepping up a hill in France, we did that here. My son was comfortable on reds within 4 days on his first holiday and I'm sure that was due to lessons here first.

I know its extra money but it was way way worth it. We still had lessons in resort but it meant we were already ahead of the group and progressed much quicker.

Apologies if you've already done/discounted this but I think this totally changed our holidays.

Good luck with your search.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@djf,
Thanks for this.
I suppose i would be classed as an advanced intermediate but my brother will be a complete novice.
We intend to visit Castleford and arrange a few lessons for him there.
I think though, lessons in resort are a must, and really would like to book accommodation near to the ski school meeting point.
In resorts like Madonna di Campiglio ski school meeting points can vary throughout the week depending on how a group progresses. That said complete beginners will usually start at the same point/lift.
Anybody???
Kind regards
DJ
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi there,

Couple of years back I signed up for a beginner group at Madonna (1-2 weeks previous ski time).

1st lesson was at the beginner slopes out by Campo Carlo Magno, the instructors grouped people together and after a couple of runs we headed to the higher slopes. Ski school put on buses getting people from town to the slopes. After the first day, the meeting point was the the top of Spinale for the rest of the week - this seemed to be a popular ski school meeting point for all levels of ability.

Enjoy your holiday Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The only time I've met an instructor we were at the base of Spinale Express. It's not a huge place though, although Campo Carlo is a bit of a hike...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi,
Good choice of resort, absolutely brilliant, although not so great hospital facilities.

The ski schools seem to meet at the bottom of Spinale, from recollection.
Of course the sH @campiglio could help you here, and also book your tuition. All round good guy.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

although not so great hospital facilities.

That sounds like there must be a bit of a story there.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
didn't/doesn't (ex)snowhead @Wayne work for a ski school there ?. I think a good contact is also @Lisa Brentaski ........
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In Campiglio virtually all the main ski schools will collect you by minibus on the first day of a week’s course – but you do need to ask for this.

The beginners’ area will charge you €10 and the chap who owns the 2 buttons lifts there will not join in with the rest of the lift companies so the normal lift pass won’t work. This is in Campo Carlo Magno.
See here for details http://www.brentaski.com/pages/skiing_piste_map_folgarida_madonna_di_campiglio.html

For most of the other classes you will meet your instructor at the top of one of the main cable cars and each school has its favourite meeting point. Our groups meet up by the Viviani Café at the top of the Pradalago Express

Hope this helps

PS. Wayne works at the Folgarida ski school which isn't in Madonna, it's about 10 mins drive away (or 2 lifts and a ski down away)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy