Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice with skis for my daughter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, please can someone help advise me. My daughter is the only one in her school team who uses rental skis at the dry ski slopes and I'd like to get her a new set for races as a treat! The ones I've seen that are within budget are http://www.ekosport.co.uk/rossignol-pursuit-13-x-xel110-15-p-1-28207.html?gclid=CjwKEAjw-Oy_BRDg4Iqok57a4kcSJADsuDK1Vhl5xJ3LQDkZ38K5OkpqSTlDcIKL_KEDekMDgWqp3BoC9djw_wcB for £144. Does anyone know if they'd be any good for racing on Matt? I have got a bit lost on what turning radius, flex etc all means!
Stuart
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi there

Would need to know some stats for your daughter:

Height:
Weight:
And whats the max you realistically want to spend?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
She's about the right height for those skis as that's what she gets as a rental. She's probably 60kg, 15 years old and has been skiing since she was 5.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry, missed your question on spend. Probably £150/ $160 if you're in the states.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Stuandrosa, Ekosport are selling them as a race ski but they aren't a 'true' race ski. I'd also add that unless your daughter is very tall that a 163 ski is too long for racing on dendix. A lot of the top dryslope racers I know stick to 155 or, if they are very tall, 165.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That's very helpful advice, thank you. Is a race ski particularly stiff or is there some technical number that says whether it's more of a race ski than a general piste ski?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Race skis can be stiffer than normal piste skis. There is no 'technical' number as such but generally the manufacturers website will have more details.

If you are on facebook check-out the Racers Skibay for some good secondhand kit.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great suggestion, thanks again.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
She's gonna want a Slalom ski due to the radius on them being smaller, probably around the 145 mark. Each manufacturers skis will be slightly different it will depend on how strong a skier she is to what will suit her the best. Speak to her coach and maybe pay a visit to somewhere like Ski Bartlett.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy