Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What to do after Ski Train

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

We are booked on the overnight ski train in January which means a 6am arrival in Bourg. We are staying in Vallandry in an apart-hotel, and after some advice.

Vallandry is quite small, and there will be facilities in the hotel to use at that time, but would we be better staying in Bourg to get breakfast? will more be open?

If so, any good recommendations?

Thanks - Andy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Andy, there's a bar opposite the station in Bourg which will be open and will serve breakfast called Bazoom, I've done that journey many times and often stopped there for something to eat after falling somewhat bleary eyed from the train. Failing that check out the main Les Arcs thread here for further advice:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=126740#2937630

Cheers

Will
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agreed; bazoom is well-situated for train arrivals. They have loads of room for luggage and are setup to do breakfasts. It's just across the road from the station. You can't miss it.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
All thanks for the replies.... Bazoom it is.

One more question if I may, the draconian 'no booze' policy on the overnight train, how does it work in practice? Has anyone experienced it yet?

We are in Standard Premier, do we still get a glass of wine with the meal?

I understand them stopping people and searching through security, buts what's stopping people picking some up from the bar / café past passport control, surely they are not going to search peoples bags getting on the train? A couple of glasses of wine is a nice way to start the trip and helps the sleep.

Twitter shows a couple of people with beer last year....
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Haven't done it myself but I believe they are being very strict on that and the journey it totally dry. Maybe one mini wine bottle each in SP but nothing more.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll still get the half bottle of wine with your dinner, anything else is likely to be taken off you. If you have bottles in your bags they will take them away and then give them back on arrival in Bourg. You might be able to get a couple of drinks after going through passport control but from memory they open those and pour them into plastic cups so actually getting them onto the train may be difficult. The only other way around it I can think of is decanting something into another container and hoping that the staff don't pick up on it. Even if they do the most that will happen is the booze will get taken off you.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Problem solved

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/112034557311?lpid=122&chn=ps&adgroupid=33170564523&rlsatarget=pla-261451185332&adtype=pla&poi=&googleloc=9045906&device=c&campaignid=661219804&crdt=0
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@gordonrussell76, lol, exactly. Or Evian bottles full of gin and tonic!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@gordonrussell76, When you're seen swigging from a bottle of Lynx Deodorant, it may be time to admit you have a problem...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Richard_Sideways, Needs must Richard, needs must!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
www.thebeerbelly.com
This might help also
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Or a Baby Flask.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Why the hell do they run dry trains Puzzled

Was it really getting that bad rolling eyes ??
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've seen (might have been involved) in some fairly wild parties on those trains Embarassed
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy