Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Splitboard hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Does anyone know of any rental shops in any European resorts that have splitboards? I've got a friend who's into off-piste and really wants to try some touring, but unfortunately he can't ski so needs hire a splitboard. The only places I've found are in Chamonix or Tignes. Although I'm more than happy to go to either, there will be a few newer people on the trip who only do piste, so Cham would be a poor choice and several people are whinging about Tignes being a bit more expensive than some places, so I'm trying to find some alternatives.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I know a shop in Innsbruck that rents them... but only really helpful if you go to a resort nearby and have transport!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would imagine that near any resort that is known for off-piste there will be a shop which has some, although the choice might well be extremely limited.

In the Pyrenees: Andorra, the Benasque valley (Cerler, and for the routes up Aneto etc) and the Aran valley (Baqueira, and for the tours in the vicinity) all have at least two shops with gear.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Most likely place in Les Deux Alpes is Ski Extreme. If it's on your radar you could send Jutta an email http://www.les2alpes.com/en/sports-shops/prestataire/A%7CBRAULEIN-ski-extreme.html
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I know Elixir do in Serre Chevalier: http://www.elixirshop.fr/en/
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@neil neil orange peel, would be interested to know which resorts of the standard of tignes would be cheaper ?? great resort for mixed groups and some amazing off piste !!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hire one in the UK and take it with him?

http://snowboardexperts.co.uk/product-category/splitboarding/splitboard-hire/

Just had a look at that and they offer it with bindings or riser plates. Get it with the bindings - splitboarding on riser plates is a horrible, horrible experience!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@jiagedaping, has got something there. Steve at the sick and the wrong in Keswick is a top bloke (snowboardexperts.co.uk)
Also Tignes can be done for good value. Try the Lavachet Lodge with Tigneschaletcompany or Hotel Melezes with mountainsun. Great value & good staff
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the tips all. Didn't know sick and the wrong was still going. I remember when they had a shop next to needle sports (iirc), where is it now?

@Dabber, I agree, that's why we chose it to start with! People are only whinging 'cos it'll probably work out a little bit more than last year when we went to 2alpes. Given it's myself and the splitboard guy who are actually organising it, we've decided to just stick with Tignes and everyone else can either like it or lump it.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sick and the wrong is next to the Pencil museum in Keswick.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tignes Spirit in Tignes Lavachet rents out splits and will probably supply you with loads of tips on how to use the gear and on good options of where to go touring.
You could also try Chalet Chardons in Brevieres for budget accommodation if you sort your own travel.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy