Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whitedot Skis on Sportpursuit

Poster: A snowHead
Sportpursuit will be doing a short flash sale on some Whitedot skis in the next day or two & they'll be offering the few remaining 13/14 skis plus some technical WD/Mntn Epmnt hoodies at a great price (ie 52-60% off list):

168 Director 2014 CarbonLite (ie the old shape/model Director) £340
169 Preacher 2014 Traditional £270
169 Preacher 2014 CarbonLite £390
168 R.108 2014 Traditional £226
177 R.108 2014 Traditional £226
186 R.108 2014 Traditional £226
195 R.108Pro 2014 Traditional £226
168 R.108 2014 CarbonLite £325
180 Redeemer 2014 Trad £249
WD/ME Eclipse Hoody M £85
WD/ME Eclipse Hoody L £85
WD/ME Eclipse Hoody XL £85

All prices are plus carriage.

As on previous occasions I'll be offering the same deal to snowHeads but I also have a few models/lengths that Sportpursuit don't have (like the one remaining pair of 13/14 Ranger CarbonLite 186's that we thought were sold out a year ago but then the WD guys found a pair hiding in the warehouse) Cool

Plus the snowHeads website gets a little tickle on each ski purchased through me Toofy Grin

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 6-10-16 20:10; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@spyderjon, Oooh I was just looking at these .... wink snowHead

Any idea on prices yet?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi John,

Can you PM a price for the Ranger Carbonlites 186 please.

Regards

Dave
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dzmarc wrote:
@spyderjon, Oooh I was just looking at these .... wink snowHead

Any idea on prices yet?

Prices added above.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@dfhage, PM sent
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Anyone man enough for the Ranger Pros?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Dave of the Marmottes, what's Pro about them? Seeing that list up there makes me feel all warm and fuzzy about the pair I snuck back from the EoSB wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Dave of the Marmottes, I considered it, but I no way have to weight to get them to charge properly.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@spyderjon, PM sent
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Jon

Please can you bring a Mediun and Large hoody to the ski test. I think ill be a medium, but just in case...... Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Have you got medium hoodies in mate?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PaulC1984 wrote:
Hi Jon

Please can you bring a Mediun and Large hoody to the ski test. I think ill be a medium, but just in case...... Happy

Will do, but only if you bring me a pair of 8.5 & 9 Keen Targhee II Mid booties to try!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
davkt wrote:
Have you got medium hoodies in mate?

Yep.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@spyderjon, please can you bring me a medium hoodie to the southern ski test.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@spyderjon, hi would the preacher carbon lights be a good free ride ski as i am hoping to purchase some of these this year.
snow report
capstone wrote:
@spyderjon, hi would the preacher carbon lights be a good free ride ski as i am hoping to purchase some of these this year.

Well Eva Walkner won the Freeride World Tour last season and ski skied the Preacher for most of the rounds Cool

The Preacher is an excellent one ski solution as it's a conventional camber twin with an early rise tip. The camber gives it very good hard snow/piste/carving performance on all but pucka ice then it's really down to your edge tune & your ability to tip 'em. The ski gets its soft snow float from its width both underfoot & particularly in the shovel/tip. The wide tip on the Preacher could be considered to be too wide for easy skinning if you're planning on mounting a touring binding.

You'd get better soft snow performance on a ski with less camber & a rockered tip (ie the Ranger/R.108/R.98 ) and even better with a flat camber & rockered both ends (ie the Director/Ragnorak/Redeemer). These models are also longer radius than the Preacher which many find more stable in 3D snow etc. However these features mean that they're not as hard snow friendly as the Preacher so many owners of these models will pair them with a narrower ski for hard snow days to make a two ski quiver - often using Quiver Killer inserts to share the same binding across both skis.

So, most definitely yes to the Preacher as a one ski solution but I'd recommend a different model (according to your height/weight/style/terrain choice/skinning etc) if you were building a two ski quiver.

I'd recommend coming to the snowhead ski tests this weekend to try them all out.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 9-10-16 0:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@spyderjon, Jon, sorry to be a pain but been reminded I really don't need another jacket at the moment. So don't worry about bringing one for me today.
snow conditions
@Dave of the Marmottes, I've been considering it for a while, that scouse git you speak of talked me into it.
ski holidays
Hello all

Just a quick heads up for anyone who has followed threads similar to this one over the last few seasons:

There will be no Whitedots appearing on Sportpursuit this season to the best of our belief. Now I say 'to the best of our belief' because I've not got a crystal ball, and this is business, and the end of the season is a long way away. I can say this for 100% there will be no pre-season sale (well the pre-season is done now anyway), there will be no in-season sale, and it is very very unlikely there will be anything left at the end of the season for there to be an end of season sale.

Absolutely nothing against Sportpursuit, they did a sterling job for us, so good in fact that now we have nothing to offer them.

There are still a few 2016 skis in less common sizes left, you can view these on our website and then access them direct with us or through Jon at the Piste Office (who as everybody knows) can also kit you out with a suitable binding, prep, or anything else you need.

Final word is that we are running a few 'bundle' type offers over the next 12days (a twelve days of Christmas sort of thing), each offer is only available for 24hrs on our website. Again Jon at the Piste Office can also supply you with any of the deals and as he's not as 'automated' you might get a little wiggle room on the 24hrs.

So that's it. I'll apolgise now if anyone views this as 'spam', I did worry a little about putting it out, but I wanted to convey a couple of messages on what was an existing thread:
No Sportspursuit (or Private Sports Sale) for Whitedot this season, which is a change after the pattern of the last couple of years. Really I should probably have put that info out a couple of months ago, sorry if anyone's been waiting for one.
Some limited deals still available from us direct, or Piste Office, while stocks last (which won't be all season, if past experience is any indicator of future performance at all).

Thanks, and I hope everyone has a brilliant season (should do if this snow keeps up)
snow conditions
@midgetbiker, I now have a brilliant mental image of a "new and improved" automated version of Jon, that can edge and wax your skis as required, but without the constant requirement for more tea. Fancy going into robotics?
latest report
midgetbiker wrote:

No Sportspursuit (or Private Sports Sale) for Whitedot this season, which is a change after the pattern of the last couple of years. Really I should probably have put that info out a couple of months ago, sorry if anyone's been waiting for one.
Some limited deals still available from us direct, or Piste Office, while stocks last (which won't be all season, if past experience is any indicator of future performance at all).

Or from me selling my R108 Carbons...... Shameless plug I know Toofy Grin
latest report
PaulC1984 wrote:
midgetbiker wrote:

Or from me selling my R108 Carbons...... Shameless plug I know Toofy Grin

Well we've got no R108 carbonLites at the moment, so you've no competition from us, complete sell out and we are frantically pressing a few more to supply a small waiting list. Jon's got a couple of pairs, but I doubt he'll have them for long. More in the very early part of the New Year fingers crossed.
snow report
@midgetbiker, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
Bit of an update on this thread:

As mentioned at the start of the season there has been no Sportspursuit (or Private Sport Sale) sales for Whitedot this season.

Both we and @spyderjon at the Piste Office have had some stocks of previous years skis which folk could access at a saving, and most likely a few of you have. Those previous season skis though have been (in the main) smaller sizes. Generally if a stronger skier or average and up sized skier was looking for Whitedots this season they have been paying full price (unless Jon bundled them up a good package deal).

That's just about to change. Given that most retailers are now into their 'late season' discounting then we are about to do the same on our website (in Euros) and @spyderjon at the Piste Office will be matching those deals in Sterling. They'll be some decent discounts starting 1st March on 2018 stock, which currently includes all the most popular sizes. As ever though with 'late season' sales it's while stocks last, in some cases we've decent amounts of stock, in others not (like say if you wanted a Preacher 189 carbonLite, we have 1 pair & I think @spyderjon has the same).

So it's just a heads up for those of you that like your Whitedots & wished we'ld had an SP sale this season, here's your chance.

Once more I'ld like to hope this isn't seen as spam. I hope both @spyderjon & I fall into the category where we contribute enough to the community that we get a little latitude. I don't come on here pushing our products, others here can say whether they are any good (I'm too biased), but I will post when something like this comes up, so that those interested can take advantage. hope that's ok. snowHead
ski holidays
@midgetbiker, Fear not, spam or not, we all like to hear about bargains snowHead
ski holidays
I didn’t really want to start a new thread for this, but I don’t think @midgetbiker will mind the bump wink

On my travels today, I spotted a very white pair of Whitedots, with only the logo on in black. From my distant viewpoint they looked like they might be R108s. Have I discovered the stealth mode? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@Scarlet, I am really impressed at your skills, and that you are finding them in your new area - trust you are enjoying travels now.
snow conditions
@Kamikaze Pete, well there they were, just propped up against the liftie’s hut. Yes thanks, very enjoyable out in the sun with some springtime slush. I travelled a whole 15 minutes for it Laughing Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Scarlet wrote:
.....On my travels today, I spotted a very white pair of Whitedots, with only the logo on in black. From my distant viewpoint they looked like they might be R108s. Have I discovered the stealth mode? Toofy Grin

Yes, no, maybe, sssshhhh.
ski holidays
@spyderjon, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy