Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Christmas 2017 Departure Dates

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know we have not even reached Christmas 2016 yet but I am always planning ahead for kids school holidays.

Has anyone seen any mention of departure dates being adjusted for Christmas 2017?

Most TO flights are Saturday or Sunday. Christmas Eve and New Years Eve 2017 are on the Sunday. I wonder if they will bring Sunday flights forward to Saturday or Friday to avoid families travelling on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve? This could add 1 or 2 days extra skiing to one of the weeks.

I asked Esprit Ski and they said it is still to be decided. Anyone know anything regarding other operators?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What's wrong with travelling Xmas or NYE?

Must be a lot of people doing that just that this year as they'll be on Saturday - I know we are!

Seem to recall that a few years back there were offers for 6 day and 8 day holidays to manage this - not sure how well received it was? I'd imagine would be more demand for a normal week than a slightly cheaper 5/6 day holiday???
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Christmas 2017

I was shocked to see Christmas cards in the shops this week. Christmas 2017 is just to far ahead to even think about and I doubt if the airlines have given it much thought.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've had a couple of offer emails that listed 23rd>30th for xmas. and some 8day new year trips (30th>7th). Having said that, my first ever trip afew years ago was the same day/dates combo' and we went Sat/Sat (chrismas/NY eve).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Boris, For many people nothing. I personally would prefer not to travel on Christmas Eve as I have young children, NY Eve, no problem.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Mike-H, fair point, guess you don't want to be in a resort late Xmas eve

Would be interested to see what price difference would be - would have thought majority of cost is in travel and 1 or 2 nights accommodation saving may not be significant incentive?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
When I looked a last year for Christmas there were ones flying out on the 19th and 23rd.

Taking that into account and the likely school holidays finishing at least a week before Christmas (15th - or 22nd depending on where you are) there will be flights I imagine on the 16th, 20th and probably 23rd.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
OP xmas and NY eve are Sat this year... not 2017. In 2017 they're on Sun and I expect TO will operate a normal change over.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Errrr that's what the OP says Puzzled
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boris wrote:
Errrr that's what the OP says Puzzled

Doh!Mis-read it.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes. I am looking at 2017. I have this year (2016) booked and NY holidays are getting an extra 2 days as flights are Friday to a week Sunday.

Hoping the same happens next year and I can benefit from 9 days for a price that is near the 7 days.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dzmarc wrote:
When I looked a last year for Christmas there were ones flying out on the 19th and 23rd.

Taking that into account and the likely school holidays finishing at least a week before Christmas (15th - or 22nd depending on where you are) there will be flights I imagine on the 16th, 20th and probably 23rd.

Hampshire are breaking up on the Thursday 21st 2017 and going back on Thursday 4th Jan. Not very helpful for trying to book skiing holidays in school holidays!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@NickyJ, I have checked the local Warwickshire school timetable. Friday 4th Jan 2018 is a teacher training day so no school. However, my wife is a teacher so we are checking the situation with that as she is part-time. Double check it is not a designated training day in your area. Even if it is, pay the fine (if they can still do that) and enjoy the extra days (if they do move flights).
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mike-H, how have you only found out the teacher training dates due to insider information? I normally don't get visibility of those until the July the school year before at the earliest. Or am I missing a different source of information?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@NickyJ, They are highlighted on the calendar as 'inset' days or whatever they call teacher training now.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy