Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First time skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Which resort is best for nightlife and begginer skiing, pas de la casa or sauze d'oulx
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went to pas de la casa on a boys holiday which was great, but that was about 29 years ago. Ischgl is a great place for nightlife. Skiing was good but I've been a few times.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Having done a week in both I would chose Pas over Sauze for both night life and beginner skiing.

Both have developed a reputation for being party resorts but I found neither to be overly lively. Pas has a bigger selections of busy bars and a few more night clubs. But neither have a "folie douce" type bar to provide an on-slope party. Sauze was actually a lot quieter than I was expecting.

Sauze provides good access to the Milk way domain so is great for intermediate and more expert skiers but I would imagine that this is not a big concern for you if you are heading away for your first time. Likewise the Grandvalira area is no slouch in terms of size either so will more than suffice for a beginner.

A possibly better option for beginners and lively apres would be Les Deux Alpes. It's relatively affordable by french standards and has a lively apres scene which starts from mid-afternoon (Pano bar and Umbrella bar) and continues well into the early hours of the morning. It also has good nursery slopes in resort and a gentle gradient glacier at the very top of the mountain. This means that beginners can very quickly get the experience of a big mountain as they will be able to ski the runs at the very top of the mountain after only a day or two of tuition. You may need to take a lift back down the mountain though as the green resort run is a fairly crowded and narrow trail with a few tricky sections.

To be fair though, you'll still have a great time if you chose any of the three! Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks a lot guys! Think I'll be heading to pas😃🏂⛷
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I went to Sauze with some mates expecting party town, we managed to kill it stone dead. Confused

I'd think about Austria for guaranteed umm cha, umm cha at apres time. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you can do the week beginning 21 January look at the Make Yourself a Snowhead Bash. It's based in Livigno, Italy and has lots of drinking establishments. It's also out of reach of the Italian tax authorities and is therefore duty free. snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@NeddySkiGoon,

Livigno is not dirt cheap, but the après/nightlife is surprisingly good.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy