Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

lessons- corvara/dolomites

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi, I have founds you guys super helpful in the past so here goes...
Thanks to the love for the Dolomites right here on Snowheads we are heading to Corvara for our annual half term DIY family trip, flights and apartment sorted.

Teen 1 (16) would like some lessons- she will be a 3rd week snowboarder (picked it up fast last year having skiied a fair bit.) Ideally she'd like a fun group of young adults. I've looked around online and there appears to be one school in Corvara. They offer a few afternoons snowboarding. Has anyone done this or know anything about it? will the language be a problem? should we look further afield to find something suitable?

Then theres me... - I have been skiing around badly with the kids for years and need help! I was too late to book the private lessons in Vallandry last year and the year before in sauze my instructor spoke not one word of english despite me clearly asking for an english speaker. I had to cancel and they had nobody else. Has anyone had lessons with the ski school in corvara? should I also travel elsewhere? I'm not interested in skiing around and exploring (I can do that myself)I want real technical input like people talk about on here. Does anyone have advice for me or do you think the ski school will be fine?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very Happy

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 4-10-16 20:41; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.scuolascicorvara.it/en/ski-instructors

Looks like they do many languages. Very Happy Some have German as first language - could that be of any help for you?

Give them a Call.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My wife had private lessons at the Corvara ski school and both female instructors spoke English. I recently also spoke to a male instructor who works for the ski school and his English was very good, so I dont think you will have a language problem

What I will advise though is to pre book any lessons you want and dont leave it till you get there. My wife struggled to get private tuition at reasonable times when we tried to book on our arrival. They managed to accomodate her somehow but it was hard work as most private instructors were all booked up.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We were in Corvara at half term this year and will be going back again next year.

We did a mix of group and private lessons with the ski school and all were fine.

The only issue with the group lessons was that there were only three groups which were pretty much beginners, intermediates and advanced (referred to by the instructor as 'the black group - we ski the black runs'). As you can imagine there was a mix of abilities in each group and we had people feeling they were being held back in the intermediate group coming up to the advanced and then holding back the rest of us. Especially when they did it half way through the week. Don't let that put you off though, the groups were fairly small (maybe 7-9 people) and a good mix of skiing, technique, individual advice, fun, etc. We'll be doing them again.

The private lessons were good and our instructors spoke good English. I don't think they all do but you should be fine as long as you request it in advance.

One of the girls in our group did some snowboard lessons in the afternoon and she seemed pretty happy with them. She was a beginner boarder though so that might not help much.

The instructors should be able to give you good technical input as long as you make it clear what you're trying to achieve and encourage the kind of input you're looking for. My son and I had some good private lessons where the instructor identified some areas to work on, explained them and spent time doing drills to get us working on the problem and baking them into our skiing. It's funny how it always seems much easier to understand than it is to put into practice.

You're best to book in advance. I tried to contact them a few times quite early last year but didn't get any response until I tried again in December. Hardly surprising really as the season doesn't really get going until then

Mike
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks much everyone for taking the time to reply.

I'm glad to hear you are going back, Mike- it must have been ok! Was it super crowded in half term?

It looks like the ski school will be fine. I was just a bit wary after last time in Italy. I'll contact them in December.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We really enjoyed our trip there last year. It wasn't crowded but it certainly wasn't quiet either. 'Busy' would be the best word for it. Lots of people around but no lift queues were ever more than 5-10 minutes and that would have been the ones on the Sella Ronda at peak time which were the worst.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy