Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting an instructor job in Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm a CSIA L2, aspiring to start working for my L3 this season, without any ski school experience. I have basic German (B1). I'd like to work as an instructor in a big resort in Austria, ideally St. Anton.

What would I need to do / get in order to teach in Austria? Would there realistically be any demand for an L2, or should I not even bother before getting my L3?

Many thanks for your help.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You should contact these people:-http://www.siaaustria.com/

Friend of mine now teaches in ST Anton. First time last season and shes back for 2016/17
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You will get work, but I'm not sure if you would need to get qualifications 'translated' into Austrian system (i.e. bung 'em a hundred or two Euros and maybe take the German written test).

I would either email the Salzburg or Tirol ski instructor associations to check that (http://www.sbssv.at or http://www.tirolerskiverband.at) or just start emailing ski schools.

If you're qualies aren't accepted/not possible to get them recognised, then you can do the Austrian Anwärter qualification for something like €550 + accomm for 10 days and often go straight into teaching after.

I can also recommend Fürstauer Ski School in Saalbach (now linked with Fieberbrunn, the FWT stop) as being great to work for. Family run, and personally I enjoyed working there more than for the Arlberg Ski School (though the Arlberg still is the better ski area, though it's close now with the Fieberbrunn link).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think the least attractive thing about someone purporting to be a L2 instructor would be a complete lack of teaching experience.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Get in touch with ski schools in various resorts. Depending on what you want out of the season, a large ski school like the main one in St Anton (Ski School Arlberg) might not be the best as you may not get much work outside peak weeks, and end up teaching the same thing all season (eg children's groups). Smaller ski schools are more likely to give you the opportunity to teach across a variety: groups, private, adults, children.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi All, just a quick note. For teaching in ski schools in Tirol the scheme is administered through www.snowsporttirol.at

The Tirolian link a few boxes above is for teaching within a club / team ( club instructor and race coaches)

My daughter secured a job in Leogang Asitz ski school with her IASI qualification for the season www.iasisnowsports.com

I also know with a L2 you can do a conversion to Anwaerter

Cheers

Pete
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
To add to the above, yes it's snowsports Tirol that are the teaching authority in Tirol, but that doesn't mean that you have to do the Anwaerter through them to teach in Tirol, you could do it for example with sbssv (Salzburgerland) or Snowsports Academy (Vienna).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@thebearmaster, As suggested start emailing the ski schools first. You will find lists on the sbssv and other links above.
Tyrol may be a little more fussy than other states.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy