Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance etc for taking kids away

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
just booked to take our nephews (10 and 14) away for the first time in April Very Happy

Any advice re booking insurance- can we get family cover if we all have different surnames (me, partner and the boys) or would we need to get separate?

Do we need anything from their parents with regard to taking them away as they have different surnames to us? Think I saw a post on this some time ago but can't seem to find it

Anything else we need to be aware of taking kids on their first snow holiday- we've only ever had to look after ourselves so any advice/tips would be great Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@MCL, I had to get separate cover for my neice. I also got a letter from my sister and my neices friend's mum saying I was in loco parentis. When we came back through passport control in the UK I went through first and didn't realise that my neice and her friend had got stopped because they were minors and the staff came out looking for me and they insisted on phoning her friends dad (who was in arrivals) to make sure all was ok - so don't let them out of your sight
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@MCL, Also had to get separate insurance when we took grandchildren, and UK Border control asked to see the letter from the parents giving us authority to take the kids out of the UK (surname was diferent to ours). Authority letter also needs to explicitly authorise you to give permission for medical treatment needed.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Main question that's coming up: Why Innsbruck, in April, with kids???
For a first snow holiday I can think of many better spots within 1-1,5 hours drive from Innsbruck!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Main question that's coming up: Why Innsbruck, in April, with kids???

Puzzled
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Langerzug, odd comment, no resort mentioned here at all, and OP seems to be going to Livigno from other posts he has mafe.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Very Happy yes we are off to Livigno- all things considered it seemed a reasonable option!

Thanks for insurance info people will have a look into it. And great to know about the letter too
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If I recall correctly if you have travel insurance through your bank it's unlikely you will be able to add the children to the insurance but if you call them they might be able to give you a quote for their own policy. If you are not insured through your bank just call any company and get a quote explaining the circumstances.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy