Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Budget (or should I say cheaper) Europe trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

After some ideas for next year. Having done Lech and St Anton repeatedly after a change and a Europe resort that is a bit cheaper, prob not Austria this time.

Ski group will be ranging from 2nd trip upwards, all enjoy good apres in evening / afternoon 😂 So must be lively as well.

Any suggestions? Cheers all.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Milky Way, Andorra?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was looking at these guys, who I have used a couple of times: www.sunweb.co.uk. I'm not linked to them in anyway; but they do help folks on a budget get a great deal.

If you choose somewhere such as Val Thorens with them, you get a ski pass per person worth €238 EUR in the deal. And when you factor that in, some of their self-catering apartments with flights (from London), transfers, bronze ski package rental (free) and ski pass work out around £439 GBP per person per week.

So excluding the ski pass, and allowing say €80 EUR for the ski rental, that is just £164 per person for flights, transfers and accommodation for 7 days (that figure will help you compare with other deals on the web from other operators).

The flights include a 20Kg hold bag.

That is just a daft low price, and a real help if you are on a budget. Plus, their site allows you to select all sorts of options, upgrades and extras.

Caveats: It's most likely a "tired" studio for 4 with a sofa bed in the lounge and bunk-beds in the hallway. The ski pass is just for the Val Thorens area; but you can upgrade on their website. The flight times are not the best, but you can select different times. The transfer will most likely just be the Altibus from Geneva with its set timetable. The Val Thorens village is not the best looking ski resort in the alps. Very Happy

Extras: Tourist tax, towels, bed linen & final cleaning. Plus a refundable €300 EUR deposit, which they will keep if you come back pissed at 3am and have a party in the hallway and wake everyone up Shocked

The good news: Val Thorens is the highest ski resort in Europe, with glaciers, extensive snowmaking and guaranteed snow. The setting is spectacular, high in the alps. It has very modern lifts, and an a big range of bars, nightclubs and restaurants at very reasonable prices. You can also pay extra and extend your ski pass to the whole of the giant 3 Valleys — the largest linked ski area in the world. The vast majority of the accommodation is ski-in & ski-out, and most have balconies.

And the apres-ski scene is some of the best in the alps. It has the famous La Folie Douce bar half-way up the mountain:
http://youtube.com/v/_YGeip0ZElk

Of course, they have many other options on their website, with bigger and better accommodation if you wish. And they cover many other resorts.

Hope that helps! Have fun!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Sinkrate, anywhere else your be disspointed with the skiing especially the free riding off piste.

Depends what you call cheap?

It is possible to Arlberg on the cheap but the only thing that is difficult to get cheaper is the lift pass.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
When you are going will make a difference as to recommendations.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FYI Sunweb is a Dutch Company. They offer excellent service & value for money. (I do dont work for them)

http://www.sundiogroup.com/about-us/
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Sinkrate, anywhere else your be disspointed with the skiing especially the free riding off piste.

Depends what you call cheap?

It is possible to Arlberg on the cheap but the only thing that is difficult to get cheaper is the lift pass.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stanton wrote:
(I do dont work for them)

So which is it...do you or don't you?? Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I doubt you'll find anywhere that fully compares to St Anton in terms of challenging extensive skiing and lively apres action for less money, esp outside Austria. Saalbach, Solden or Mayrhofen in Austria might satisfy. Austrian apres is rare outside Austria and any resorts with great ski areas tend to be pricey wherever they are.

As stanton says, there are many ways of trimming costs in the Arlberg, have you thought of that?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi all, thanks very much for all the replies. I'll checkout sunweb and yes maybe trimming the cost is maybe the way forward....
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
UCPA? All inclusive, various French resorts.
https://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/activities/winter/skiing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fyi some Sestriere and Sauze resorts do a half board and lift pass deal in the 500 euro ish bracket in January. Still reasonable with the euro rate change but not sure when you plan to visit. Milky Way is extensive without being huge but in my opinion distinctly quieter off peak, unlike some of the higher profile places which never seem quieter. Try the Hotel Sauze, in Sauze strangely! Check the reviews too.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@toyah807, thanks mate I'll take a look. Plan is for March but doing another trip in Jan.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy