Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow quality at Easter in Reberty?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So we are booked to go to Reberty at Half-term this year, however, I noticed the cost of 1 - 8th april in Alpages Reberty is 1280 for an apartment, that is less than half price of HT. So, I am interested to know what the snow quality is like? That seems like a very good price for a premium residence.. so I am thinking the snow must be pretty bad to justify the price...

2000 meters seems pretty high compared to Meribel... so what are your thoughts expert Snowheads, as I am already planning the 2018! I used to prefer early March skiing and used to stay in La Tania for cheap and cheerful 3V holidays. I love early march skiing as I love basking in the sun as well as skiing, but now I have children I am stuck to school holidays for a decade... and this year will be the first year we brave Half term.. gulp. I am dreading the crowds, as I have a feeling it's going to be horrendous.

we did La Plagne Easter two years ago, and it was bit slushy at the bottom and we did L2A last year at easter.. snow was incredible, but not that impressed with the piste layout. Very excited to go back to 3V's as its been a long time.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It will be fine, probably better than most. Take your sun cream.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Obviously subject to weather previously and slushy snow,
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Q,s for the sunny express first thing a bit of a pain but it's ok there after, especially if you head up, with a view to going down to ST Martin, or better still have 3v pass
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Easter hols round here don't start till 8th April so that's maybe why it's cheap

We were in les menuires at Easter last year. Snow was fine. Slush low down in afternoons but get above the villages and it was decent spring skiing, nothing to worry about.

You can always get over to val thorens if you need too, guaranteed nice snow there
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Bunches, You may find Easter is actually more expensive - Easter is 16/4/2017.

@JONR, I thought the orthodox and catholic easter were the same weekend next year, the 16th - which one has Easter on the 8th?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We're talking school holidays, sorry if that's confusing. Our schools in Kent break up on the 31st Mar to 17th April. So technically not Easter as you say
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Was there the year before last and it was fine. Never been so badly burnt in my life though!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Four years ago we got 30-40 cm of beautiful fresh powder overnight Sunday at the start of April, followed by some of the best skiing I've had (with an old school ESF instructor who took a bunch of intermediates all sorts of places we shouldn't really have been Toofy Grin). Two years ago it was classic spring conditions and getting a little scraped in places by the end of the same week. You can't predict...but chances are there'll be plenty of good skiing, whatever.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It'll be fine, but to get the best out of it, try and hit the least sunny slopes first. Do the opposite of following the sun. It's quite possible to go low to St Martin and down to Meribel, but best done in the morning - in my experience you get to ski lovely quiet runs low down on a sunny day in the morning as everyone heads to Val T. Courchevel 1650 slopes can be awesome even where loads of places are mushy. And the blast down Folyeres to La Tania in the shade of the trees can be great.
Unfortunately, given the aspect of the slopes in and around Reberty itself, the mush factor does get high at the end of the day.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Bunches, we get good friday, easter bank holiday and the tuesday off work so I am always looking to go skiing over easter. I can get 9 days skiing for only 3 days leave. So, yes, I do get confused when people start talking about other easters.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The mush scares me a bit, i fall over a lot in it. is there a chair that you could reasonably get back down, so that you are near reberty at the end of the day? or would it be better to stay in VT if going that late in the year? their apartments are also very cheap for that time of year
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Bunches, I have skied in St Martin over Easter in the past and though the snow gets pretty soft late in the afternoon you can still ski down it. If it worries you then you can get the bus down from VT late in the afternoon or ski on the La Masse side. Personally I would go for the cheep apartment in Reberty - it is more central to the 3V than VT
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ah that's a good point La Masse will have a different aspect to it. It's not just me, I have a 6 and 8 year old, who do ski school till 14.30 then we usually ski locally with them for a few hours in the pm, so if the local area was very mushy it would possibly be a problem for them. I will look at the map for La Masse, that could be perfect. we are going to Reberty at HT this year, it looks absolyutely perfect for what we want. it would be good if it ticked the boxes for School Easter holidays too.

Thanks Snowheads, as always, such a great wealth of knowledge here
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy