Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowdome board-in-a day for kids ???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My 8 (and a half Very Happy) year old, after 5 years skiing, wants to have a crack at snowboarding. Good lad, I'm a fellow boarder snowHead but I don't want to commit to a full week of resort lessons at this stage unless he decides it's definitely for him, and ideally I'd like him to do another two years with ski lessons in resort anyway, so he really has that nailed before converting, or doing it in parallel so he has both.

I've said I'll look into learn to board in a day at a dome for him. Problem is they only generally seem to do it for adults. Non of the domes are conveniently close to me so I'm not about to schlepp up to one of them to do a single level or a couple of hours. Its simply not enough to warrant the journey.

I've seen Tamworth seem to offer the day course for kids at certain times of the year, (notably school hols) but they reference 10-15 year olds. Are they strict on ages or is it guidance ?

He'll have no problem going at it all day, he's full on energetic, and he's skied since he was 3 and has skied all day on the real mountain for the last 3 seasons, two weeks a year, so I'm not worried about stamina.

On-line I can't seem to see if MK or Hemel do board in a day for kids, they only seem to offer adults.

Anyone had any experience of this ? Cheers

G
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tamworth are pretty flexible on ages I've found (and lets be honest how do they know). Our hobbit started at 3 there.

Their courses seem great and staff are super super friendly all of them are but the snowboarders are such a good craic and really good!!

Id go for it, since your already pretty fit and ski a lot you won't have any problems. My only comment would be is to do it soon!! Its starting to get busy at Tamworth now on the weekends, and its will soon be choca!!

Where abouts are you based??

The Junior clubs at Tam are really relaxed and the numbers in snowboarding as small (circa 10) vs skiing which is circa 30. The snowboarding kids have a right laugh and my little one always wants to join them - worth a thought if you want to keep him going.

Alternatively why not try one of your local dry slopes?

We've started taking theo to dry slopes as well now - Junior club at Tam on saturdays, but stoke on sundays - whilst he prefers the snow, the dry slope groups are much smaller and he gets to practice different drills etc. Im sure you might not like the dry slope so much but I doubt your 8 (and 1/2) yo won't mind too much (and its cheaper!!)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I did a learn in a day course at Chill Factors Manchester & we had a young boy (don't know age) with the rest of us variously-aged growed-up lot. Seemed to do OK though got more difficult for him as the day went on & he was really needing 1:1 help by the end. Guess it depends onloads of factors...

Could you maybe just try a few couple of hours or 1/2 day lessons on the real mountain when you're out ski-ing? (Private probably about same cost as snowdome cost?) The proper snow makes it SO much easier Smile and it's a nice change during a trip.
Personally I' d try that way first, but I'm not a child expert Puzzled
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Snow Centre at Hemel are doing one day and two day SnowBoarding sessions for kids during the October half term
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies.

Just had a look but unfortunately what the Hemel Snow Centre Describe as a "2 day" course is actually just a two hour lesson on two consecutive days.
.... and the one day camp is actually a two hour lesson Puzzled

The Chill Factore 9-5 kids holiday camps look pretty good. But I think I'll give Tamworth a shot first, it's closer and is more focussed on the snowboarding.

We're holidaying in Courchevel so private lessons are just shy of 300 euros for an afternoon session, hence wanting him to do a board in a day at a dome for his starter.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SnoZone at MK are advertising Learn to Ski or Snowboard in 5 lessons £149 for adults, £99 for Juniors. Not in a day though.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy