Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best snow parks in early season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking at an early season snowboard trip in November. I tend to spend most of my time in the snow parks, mainly jibbing rather than big booters. Just wondering where people would recommend? Not fussed about much else, as long as there's a decent park set up to shred... Already got a week in Mayrhofen booked in march and looking at a long weekend in avoriaz towards the end of Jan. But even that seems a bit too far away!

Thanks in advance
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In Europe, there may only be parks on the glaciers in November.
Check out Hintertux and Stubai glaciers in Austria, both have good parks.

Somewhere like Obergurgl should be open late November but I doubt the park will be open then.

Tignes may be open at the end of November and if the main park for the season is not built, the one on the Grand Motte glacier may still be there.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@bake_snake, Saas Fee tends to have the biggest early season park, just look at their current summer set up for an idea.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Stubai for sure - there's a reason all the pros and national teams are there for the Prime Park Sessions in the Stubai Zoo. I understand if you want to hit the pro line you have to buy an extra (expensive!) pass though
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers all. Stubai looks decent tbf. I'm nowhere near pro line standard so just the jib line will do me. Any tips on best way to get there, where to stay etc.. probably just looking at a cheeky weekend, a couple of sunny park days is what I'm after Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Stubai Glacier is really close to Innsbruck.
I've been there a couple of times, both times staying in Innsbruck, where there are plenty of hotels for weekend breaks.
There is a bus that takes you to Stubai from Innsbruck, free, I think (might have to show lift pass?)
We used the bus one year and hired a car another. It is about 15-20 minutes away and a really easy drive but the bus was really good, too.

The towns of Neustift and Fulpmes (and some others) are closer (about 5 minutes away) but not sure what those towns are like or what sort of accommodation they have.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hey! Check out Your Alpine Tours page, we are offering Freestyle Safari - riding a different snow park every day in Salzburg land, Austria. We'll show you some cool spots, tricks and we'll drive you everywhere!!! And that is all possible using only one ski pass!

http://www.youralpinetours.com/

Winter is here! Wishes from Austria.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy