Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurostar Question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've only ever booked the Eurostar months in advance (usually 8-10 months and never less than 6), does it get much more expensive nearer departure date (i.e. <2 months)? and do they charge loads for amendments?

Reason is: Looking at driving to Alps 2nd week of Easter holidays next year. Currently, due to work commitments, we can only leave on Sat 8th - we'll get a crack-of-dawn Eurostar and do it in one hit. It's possible that the work commitments may change though, allowing us to go on the Friday morning, which would be preferable but we won't know that until much nearer the time - i.e. early Feb at the earliest - so the question is: should we book now for Sat 8th departure and amend the booking nearer the time if work allows or wait until we know for sure what date we can travel? Which is likely to be the cheaper option?

Cheers!

(accommodation is flexible and no problem and evening departure/overnight drive (or a pit-stop) not an option)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@jma, I assume you meant Eurotunnel, not Eurostar, from my experience the prices do not seem to rise at all, I have been holding off from booking my Eurotunnel trip for xmas week for months now and every time I look the prices are still the same. will be booking in the next couple of weeks, with flexi ticket (this allows for any change of date/time if required) on the way out, but standard on the way back.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jma, i suggest you change your title, because i think your question is actually about "Le Shuttle" and not the Eurostar.

terrygasson, you just beat me to it rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@terrygasson, thanks, yes a flexi ticket might be the way to go for the outward journey. And yes, I meant Eurotunnel.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@jma, we buy normal (non flexiplus) tickets and change them quite often as our plans change, sometimes on the day that we are travelling (last did this a couple of weeks ago). We buy a 'pack' of 10 trips at a time and if I change the trip from a non peak to peak time, I pay a supplement (£20). I get a refund if I change it the other way. I don't know whether you will be refunded for moving to a cheaper time if you are using a standard ticket.

As an aside, we do the trip in both a car and a van and have found that if I buy a one off trip for the van it can work out much more expensive than doing the same trip with the car (with the roof box on). If you buy the pack of tickets, there is no difference in price between the car and the van.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@rachelharrisonsmith, that's great info, thanks. Not going in a van (I hope) but good to know we can change a standard ticket for a car with roof box.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy