Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bosnia, Jahorina or Bjelasnica?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone been before?
Which resort is more techincally challenging?
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
word on the street is that jahorina has the more technical slopes, but they are incredibly close to each other. it shouldnt be hard to visit both.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
While living in the ex Yugo former a few years I skied both mountains, neither of which are difficult. Jahorina (at the moment) is still the nicer resort but that will change as the investment plan for Bjelasnica kicks in. You may well see Bjelasnica become the next Bansko. Jahorina has nine or so lifts all from the 80's and slow. Bjelasnica has four, I think, all of which are built after the war ended and are fairly fast.

There is also two lifts at Mt Igman a couple of kilometers from Bjelasnica.

In terms of skiing the best single run is on Bjelasnica which is the men’s 1984 downhill run. The vertical is from 2000m to 1200m and it’s a good red, wide through the trees and steep in sections. Jahorina mountain is from 1900 to 1200 and in theory you can ski down to 800 meters but that run and lift are only open occasionally.

The drive from one to the other is around 40 mins. There is no bus link so you would have to go back through Sarajevo city; this link gives you an overview of the area. ftp://ftp.cco.caltech.edu/pub/bosnia/olymp84/olymp84.gif
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy