Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Ski Goggles.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
And straight away came across this post on Smith sales here in this site:-
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=127075
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
coops1967 wrote:
(If you don't mind the cost or can find them on discount the combination of a Smith Vantage helmet and Smith goggle worked great(for ventialation and no fogging) in hot sunny weather as well as the -20 degc i also 'enjoyed' - and the Smith I/O range with red sensor option has a few different sized frames too for different head sizes.)

Totally agree with this I have the Smith Vantage Helmet with Smith IO/X goggles and they're amazing, with a really great fit. When I purchased mine a lot of the reviews said the lenses mark easily but I'm careful with mine and albeit only used them for a week they are still immaculate.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You really need two pairs of goggles, or at least a change of lens to suit the change from sunny to low/flat light.

On that basis, buy a helmet that fits your investment in goggles.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I got some Oakley Airbrake's, during the off season from Italian Amazon(!). Were about £50 IIRC. Have the aforementioned Oakley Hi Yellow lenses which are good as well as black iridium for sun and I splashed out a bit more cash on some intermediate lenses. You can change the lenses for a whole range of colours/tints, win the "poser crowd" points, not bad value for goggles IMO and for me at least, despite having quite a small head, they don't mist up or let in any snow.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
my tuppence worth ... you must be mad to buy any goggles over £100 .. buy two / three pairs for £30 each and change them when you need to ..either sun lens , flat light lens ... cant see as theyre fogged lens... oops I lost those goggles lens .. albeit there are crap ones and decent ones but there are no mega ones, don't fall for marketing/ brand name hype . ( all the gear no idea crowd )
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
limegreen1 wrote:
my tuppence worth ... you must be mad to buy any goggles over £100 .. buy two / three pairs for £30 each and change them when you need to ..either sun lens , flat light lens ... cant see as theyre fogged lens... oops I lost those goggles lens .. albeit there are crap ones and decent ones but there are no mega ones, don't fall for marketing/ brand name hype . ( all the gear no idea crowd )

my two cents, don't buy a pair less than GBP100 (sorry no pound sign!) wink - maybe I just fell for the marketing and have no idea?... or maybe not... snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
well, at that sports pursuit sale they have complete smith goggles with red sensor for £50.... and you can find replacement red sensor lenses on amazon for US50 - good lenses are worth seeking out and Smith is one good quality lens supplier.... another good value one is Bolle. ( you can obviously always change the smith lenses if that's your thing...)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
limegreen1 wrote:

I'll happily disagree. Back in the day without a lid, I only wanted goggles for crap light in which case lens colour and quality was paramount. Not necessarily expensive... but usually not bargain basement. And the purple/pink lenses I had for a year when 14 y.o. Made me nauseous.

These days, with a lid, they are on every ski day. So I need lenses that will cope with anything from a gloomy descent at the end of a December day to full sunshine on a glacier in late April. For me that requires changeability.

I also need something that (when handled correctly) won't fog. My previous ones spent the first day of our most recent heli week fogging up after every run. PIT expensive A.

So, my Smiths are on Season 4 - thusly have done, say, 160 days and are mostly unmarked. They cost about CAD 160 and I expect a good couple of years out of them. So at a current ? 50p a day the cost is insignificant.

YMMV.

If you are skiing one week a year mid to late season you can probably get away with more compromises.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Actually, the life style choice to relocate to Geneva just to make skiing logistics easier makes any other economic argument pale into absolute insignificance and probably renders any of my advice meaningless.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowHead ^

I use smith io, and theyre at a great price on sportpursuit right now
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy