Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations for Christmas Week

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, we've got flights booked for December 24th-31st and we're looking for somewhere to stay (chalet ideally) has anyone got any recommendations? We're struggling to find somewhere that's got a decent snow record.

Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Surely it depends on where you are flying in to..........
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ah should have said Geneva!! Cheers
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mike82, I don't think any of the more well known places have a bad snow record. The last two years have been pretty poor at Christmas, but these poor conditions were widespread. Before that conditions were generally good at Christmas.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm looking for a place to stay really, anywhere in France is good. Does anyone know of a chalet with a room for 2?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
From Geneva you may want to look for a resort with access to the higher areas of the PDS. Probably not Morzine or Les Gets. Maybe Avoriaz. Short transfer and higher resort.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
3 Valleys
Les Arc
Tignes

High, with snow making should be fine.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Rather than looking at the height of the top station you should have a look at the height of the bottom lifts. eg Morzine 1000m Meribel 1400m Val de isere 1800m or perhaps mid station
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@mike82, you have a PM
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Flaine? Don't know what snow record is like at Xmas mind...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Try Silver Lining Chalets - according to an email I got yesterday they have Christmas week for £500 pp/pw in their chalet in Les Menuires. That should be OK for snow, especially as you can get up to Val Thorens.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chilly Powder at Prodains. 150m from the Prodains express telecabin that speeds you to up to Avoriaz in 5 min. Avoriaz and the Linga/Pre la Joux part of Chatel should have decent snow cover. (Chilly Powder are not cheap but you get what you pay for, i.e very good quality food, ski to the back door, out door hot tub, in house spa/massage therapist, fab wine, etc.... disclaimer that I used to work for them).

Snow sure..... maybe the Tignes and the Tignes Chalet company who have been fab when I stayed with them. Also in Tignes Mountainsun run the Melezes at Tignes le Boisses, very friendly, relaxed but basic or shall we say unfussy.

As other snow heads have already said, Les Arcs, La Plagnes, Espace Killy and parts of the 3 Valleys have high altitude.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@mike82, Val Thorens takes some beating in Europe (not for architecture!), but transfers from Geneva are long (2.5hrs) and can be expensive (150 euro) but it is as snow sure as it gets. Highest resort in Europe and most of the skiing is above resort level. Otherwise, for shorter transfer, Avoriaz.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
La rosiere - plenty of chalets there.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Its great looking forward to a ski holiday ...
You have the whole of the alps to chose from,
If you can afford it you can take the take a train to Verbier or Even Zermatt.

It took me a long time to get around to staying in Val Thorens, and now I go on the end of season bash every year. I love it.

If you can get into Motterat in the middle valley you would be well placed, although not so snow sure you wont have any trouble.

I think you had better get on and book up quick before the best places go.
ski holidays
Cheers, thanks for the replies. Got a few links to try this weekend and hopefully get somewhere booked! We've been to Val Thorens the past 2 year and Chamonix the Christmas before, I'll have a look at some of the companies recommended thanks!
ski holidays
Val Thorens.
Tignes.
Val d'Isere.
Les Arcs 2000.
Lech.
Zermatt.
snow report
Thanks, I know the areas with good snow records it's more actual chalets we were looking for.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy