Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dec 15th - 18th

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
2 of us are flying into Geneva on Thursday the 15th and leaving again on the 18th for a short warm up trip before Christmas.

Resort yet to be determined.

Anyone else looking at these dates or got anything planned? We could fancy meeting up with a few others, so long as its not to extreme, blues, reds & blacks not a problem.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A lot of resorts won't be fully open till the 17th. But then they'll be very busy and it might be difficult to get resort accommodation on the 17th. It'll be a good day to ski though. Could you drive down to a valley hotel after skiing on the Saturday?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I knew this would be a slight gamble, as the official opening date is the 17th, but am i right in thinking some actually open prior to this date, conditions dependant?

The flights were had at a pretty cheap cost so it wont be the end of the world if theres no snow, can always go for a walk in Geneva instead Confused
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@J New, assuming there is snow, lots of Swiss resorts are scheduled to be open by then, though they might be a bit further from Geneva, e.g. Verbier, Zermatt, Jungfrau, Engelberg, Andermatt, Flims/Laax, Davos, Crans-Montana. Lots of smaller ones too, that's not an exhaustive list. I wouldn't expect finding accommodation to be a problem.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi @J New,

I don't know if it helps at all but La Plagne is open for those dates and we have availability in our Chalet Bon Vie (details via the link below). We could do the 3 nights for £299 per person provided you were happy to share a room.

It looks set to be a nice sociable week, we have one solo skier (good intermediate level) already booked and a couple with a room on hold.

Any help?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Over in Portes du Soleil Avoriaz is due to be open from 9th Dec. with Morzine from the 17th. Most of the skiing's likely to be up in Avoriaz but the busses and gondolas will be running and I'd have thought you'd be able to get accomodation in Morzine after...dissapointing early snowfall the last couple of years.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi @snow and sunshine

when you say share a room, how do you mean, would that be a room for 3?

Would the £299 PP include a transfer from geneva, arrival is 10am approx, departure would be 3pm
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi @J New,

No, sorry for the confusion, I meant share a room between the two of you.

Transfers aren't included but we can help to arrange them, or car hire is often a good cost effective option for short breaks.

Why don't you drop me an email heather @ ice-fire.co.uk and I'll send you through a proper quote and some info about transfers etc. . .
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Two of us are doing a similar thing but the 18th to 21st. Going to Val Thorens which should be fully open by then. Nice three day warm up for the season
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@J New,

I think you've got a very good chance to get some good deals at that time (accommodation and lift passes). I've been to a number of resorts which offer free lift passes up to around the 24th December. This year I did have a look at Davos which offers this deal for certain accommodation options including some cheap places. As has been mentioned above there are loads of resort options from Geneva and as you say things to do nearby if the snow is in short supply. But you probably know all this anyway as you didn't ask for advice or ideas on where to stay Smile!

My two cents:
1. Plenty of resorts will be open IF snow is ok
2. £299 for 3 nights is a rubbish deal for those dates (and frankly most dates during the year)
3. I don't even think the week 17-24 Dec will be very busy so you'll have loads of options on where to stay 15-18 Dec

Enjoy...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Have to agree with @Millom,.

For £299 you could bag yourself a 3 night break that includes flights and transfers.

In fact it's likely that you could get a last minute 7 night break for not much more.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy