Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 1800

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi again,

Well plans have changed ever so slightly and we are now going to stay in La Plagne 1800.

I have been looking for appartments and I have only come across this one - Résidence Maeva Plagne Lauze. Does any one know of it or stayed at it in the past? It looks ok, but so does all holiday accomodation in photographs. I would also like any comments about the village its self - skiing, nightlife, food and ski hire. We are going to be traveling by car and arrive at the resort on the 4th March 2006.

I look forward to all your comments and feedback,

Cheers,

Chris
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Staed in 1800 a couple of years ago, spent most evenings in a bar called "La Mine" I think!, good live music and atmosphere. There is a cracking restaurant just above the lift 1800, short trudge across the piste and a smaller one adjacent to the lift that the chalet hosts try and push you towards on their night off! The best way back to 1800 is under the building in Plagne Centre and then follow the piste over the bridge and down. The red under the lift is fun but leaves yo at the very bottom of the resort.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1800 isn't great for apres but the restaurant away from the 1800 chair is superb. Its called Le Petite Chaperon Rouge (little red riding hood) Le Loup Blanc, next to the chair lift is great for pizzas etc. I have walked past the Maeva, looked OK, I think they are next to the supermarket, which means a decent walk to the lift.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Stayed in a Silver Ski chalet last April and had a great time. The Mine is the bar to go to although it can be quiet at times. The only restaurant we visited was the Loup Blanc and I thiught the food was excellent. When skiing back from Plagne Centre the snow was quite poor and the even bulldozed the piste away on the last day which caused a sharp in take of breath as we came around the last bend.

You can get the bus to Plagne Centre for an evening out (find a bar called Ja - dutch guy, very friendly)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I live there, its great, the maeva apartments all look pretty nice and are spread accross resort, good nightlife if you go to La Mine or up to centre- sledge home its easy, drop me a pm if you want any specific info! ski hire- def SPORT 2000 my lil bruv got brand new boots and 1080's all their stuff is good and theyre so friendly

love Nade- vote silver ski

x
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the info - whilst on the subject of the the Bus in La Plagne does anyone know what time it stops running?

Cheers,

Chris
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I stayed in the Maeva 3 seasons ago and it was clean, cosy and warm. It is a no frill residence and you have to collect your linen from a building a few metres away. Lifts depending on which apt you are in are about 2-5 mins walk.

The apts have an list of kitchen utensils etc and all needs to be there at the end of the week, meaning you get the full stock when you arrive.

Noise was minimal and we had a balcony and view of the slopes so was very happy.

The restaurant on the slopes opposite the lift is awesome, I spent my birthday in there and have very fond memories. La Mine is a nice boozer with good atmosphere and happy hour to coincide with the closing times of the lifts.

Would definitely go back so have good time! Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Last bus from centre is 12:45, if you go to Saloon or Luna there are free taxis home, only takes 15mins to sledge home from centre though
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Has anyone actually stayed in the Chalet Loup Blanc, La Plagne 1800?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've no idea about other set of accomodation have stayed in plagne 1800 twice and wouldn't rush back. It always seemed to involve a trek to the better skiing. very quiet. same to remember one nice restaurant in a converted barn at foot of slopes. v. quiet and the skiing isn't very exciting and its a long way to the glacier for stronger skiers
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jonpaul wrote:
Has anyone actually stayed in the Chalet Loup Blanc, La Plagne 1800?
No but Nadenoodle's Silver Ski Chalet is about 75m away. Stay there its brill. We had a great holiday in 1800.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dan100, why stay there twice then? Glacier isnt the be all and end all of difficult skiing in La Plagne by any means and skiing around and over to that area is half the fun. Nightlife in La Plagne as a whole isnt wild, but if you know where to go you're guaranteed a good night!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nadenoodlee where would you recommend then in La Plange to go out in the evening (drinking) if you were based in Plange 1800.

Cheers,
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
blondends, if you're in a catered chalet then its possible to get your fill (mostly) of booze over dinner (the very nice Silver Ski people in chalet D'Anna last year were most helpful in keeping the carafes topped up to facilitate this). You then don't need to go out to the boozer if you don't want. However, if you're feeling a little thirsty later, a civilised atmosphere can be found in Le Mine or jump the bus to Plagne Centre and hunt out Ja!( see above).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy